[Please: Before posting make sure your request or bug report is not duplicated by searching in the product requests subcategory. Thank you for helping us keep everything organized!]
While many popular webnovels and comics become published books with ISBNs, not everything does. Especially in Korea, webtoons & webnovels have a big presence, even more so than syosetu and others in Japan.
It’d be nice to be able to support this format. The major issues are simply around progress tracking… most things are serialized as chapters without pages. How do we handle this? Some questions to answer:
- Should we treat chapters simply as one page? As one volume? Should we only do percentage? How would percentage work with new chapters being added?
- Do webnovels live separately in stats?
- Should we allow these items to be compared to traditional books (probably)?
- How do we handle updates on these items? Do we need to keep a ‘maximum’ number of chapters? Is it fully user specified? If fully user specified, how do we handle someone simply marking it ‘finished’ from the getgo? How many chapters do they get?
- Do these live in the books library? (probably)
This may become a more pressing issue with Korean, but if implemented, it’d undoubtedly be good for Japanese too.