Anyone else have a serious backlog?

To be clear, by “first anime that wasn’t a slice-of-life”, I meant first anime in Japanese that wasn’t a slice-of-life. JoJo definitely wasn’t my first anime that wasn’t a slice-of-life overall lol.

The reason why it was my first non-slice-of-life anime was for a few different reasons. Firstly, from the start, I planned to re-watch every slice-of-life anime I watched in English, which was 7 shows, but at that time, I was also watching Eizouken with English subs in between Anki reps, so I could rewatch that as my 8th (honestly, was probably way too hard for me at the time lol). I believe Eizouken was also the last anime I watched with English subs, since after that point, I had decided to watch all anime in Japanese (unless I’m watching it with someone else). And then the 9th anime would be a slice-of-life show I had never seen before (Takagi-san).

Secondly, it’s my favorite anime. And then thirdly, because of that, I had set a goal to one day be able to watch JoJo in Japanese, probably before I even started seriously immersing. I had been building up to the point of being able to watch JoJo for several months, and it was very satisfying when I finally started watching it, and was able to understand it pretty well.

As for why I originally watched it, a lot of it was because I wanted to understand the context for the memes lol. I also heard a lot of people say it was one of their favorite anime as well, and I was pretty sure I would like it, but the thing that probably pushed me to watch it originally was the memes.

I definitely spend a lot less time reading manga than I do watching anime. Been pretty slow with reading lately. I’ve also been slacking a bit with immersion in general lately as well. I originally wanted to be able to catch up before part 9 started, but maybe that was too lofty of a goal lol. Didn’t really have much wiggle room for that as well, since last year I had a goal to watch 1000 episodes of anime in Japanese, (which I did accomplish :slight_smile: ) so I didn’t have a ton of time to dedicate to reading manga, since I was so focused on watching anime. I might try and read more once I catch up with this season’s anime. (I’ve planned to watch so much, and I’ve only started Oshi no Ko, plus the continuing anime from last season lol)

Hopefully, I can at least start and finish it by the end of the year. Probably will focus more on reading once I start JoJo.

Yeah, it’s a lot. I don’t plan on getting through it particular quickly. I started way back in August 2022, and I actually haven’t watched it since September 2022. Definitely plan on getting back into it someday, I just need to get back into the mood to continue watching it. Plus I would like to at least catch up with this season’s anime before I continue Naruto.

Sorry for the late response, btw.

1 Like

Ah, ok. I’ve heard it recommended as a starter anime before so I thought it maybe was.

Nice :handshake:

That’s really awesome!

Have you noticed a lot of the memes come up in other stuff now?

Best of luck to you! I think if you’re shifting your focus from 1k episodes to trying to read the whole series in a year that you can definitely do it.

No worries! The Internet might’ve compelled people to respond asap, but I don’t see any problem with taking your time.

My Honto ebook account has almost 200 things purchased. I’ve finished… 9

5 Likes