👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club 🎓 BL University 📚

Oh, it’s nice that’s a single volume; makes it easy to decide how much of the manga to read.

2 Likes

Title: 心を半分残したままでいる (amazon link, natively request sent)
Book type: Light novel
Ebook available?: yes
Audiobook available?: no
Full-furigana version available?: no

Summary - Japanese

静良井真文(しずらい・まさふみ)には一年半以上前の記憶がない。記憶障害を起こしやすい彼は日々を日記に綴っており、それをもとに恋人だった『M』という男を探していた。ある日ふとしたきっかけで行きつけの喫茶店のマスター・中上と親しくなる。彼の申し出で一緒に『M』を探すうち、静良井は中上に惹かれていくと同時に、彼――中上衛こそが『M』ではないかという考えを抱き始め……?

Summary - English (DeepL)

Masafumi Shizurai has no memory of more than a year and a half ago. Prone to memory lapses, he keeps a diary of his daily life, which he uses to search for his former lover, a man named “M.” One day, he suddenly becomes friendly with Nakagami, the master of a coffee shop he frequents. As they search for “M” together at his suggestion, Shizurai becomes attracted to Nakagami and at the same time begins to think that he - Mamoru Nakagami - might be “M.” …?

Content warnings

Nothing I know of at this point

Reason(s) for nominating: I thought the cover looked nice when I saw it on amazon and the memory loss trope is kiiind of a weakness of mine, because I always want to find out the backstory :laughing:

4 Likes

Some of these nominations look really sweet so I might be tempted to join this book club :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

I’m really really sorry, one last entry since I didnt know Mangas were a viable option until I saw a Manga entry, feel free to remove any of my other entries if you feel like I clogged things
there’s a manga I’ve been wanting to read and would love to nominate (it also has a drama btw!)

きのう何食べた?

Summary - Japanese

(yes this is the summary, I am not making this up :joy:)
鮭とごぼうの炊き込みごはん、いわしの梅煮、たけのことがんもとこんにゃくの煮物、栗ごはん、トマトとツナのぶっかけそうめん、鶏肉のオーブン焼き、ナスとトマトと豚肉のピリ辛中華風煮込み、いちごジャムetc.……

Summary - English

(an actual summary compared to the Japanese :rofl: )
A hard-working middle-aged gay couple in Tokyo come to enjoy the finer moments of life through food. After long days at work, either in the law firm or the hair salon, Shiro and Kenji will always have down time together by the dinner table, where they can discuss their troubles, hash out their feelings and enjoy delicately prepared home cooked meals!

Ebook available? yes

Reason(s) for nominating: has a drama and I think I heard something about a movie coming out? and hence I wanted to try it out for some time now (+ I like this mangaka ever since “Antique Bakery”)

7 Likes

I’ve added it to the nominations list, I don’t think any of your other nominations need removed (unless people feel really strongly) since we didn’t have rules about the number of nominations people can submit. I’ll make a poll to see how people feel about limits on nominations, which will take effect from the next nomination cycle. :slightly_smiling_face:

BTW, does anyone else foresee their wish list growing from all the great suggestions? I feel like for every book the club will read, 10 more will be added to my tbr… :rofl:

3 Likes

Given that around 30 people expressed interest in joining the book club, and the maximum number of nominations accepted is 20 (the poll limit), I think it would be worthwhile gauging how people feel about the number of nominations each person can submit. The results will take effect from the next round of nominations.

How many nominations should each person be allowed?
  • 4 or more
  • Unlimited
0 voters

If more than one nomination is allowed per person, it might be useful to have a waiting period between an individual’s nominations to give more people the chance to nominate. For example, if it is decided each person can have 5 nominations, and there is no waiting period, the nomination slots could quickly be filled by only 4 individuals.

Should there be a waiting period between nominations?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

If a waiting period is agreed, an individual would be able to submit their first nomination as soon as nominations open, then wait for a set amound of time before being allowed to submit their second nomination, then wait the same amount of time again before their third, and so on (depending on how many nominations are allowed).

How long should the waiting period be between nominations?
  • Less than a week
  • 1 week
  • 2 weeks
  • More than 2 weeks
0 voters
2 Likes

I have volume 1 and haven’t read it! It’s the first time a book I own is nominated in a book club!

5 Likes

The poll for deciding the next book club pick will contain 20 nominations to vote on. Bear in mind that the more votes each person is allowed, the bigger the chance of having a tie and needing a runoff vote.

How many votes should each person get?
  • 6 or more
  • Unlimited
0 voters
2 Likes

Did you want to link this poll post in the OP as well, bibliothecary?

Already done. :smile:

1 Like

Whoops; apparently I can’t read. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Apparently I could read 1 book per week for 2 years and still have some left over. :see_no_evil: I think I have a ebook hoarding problem. :rofl:

8 Likes

free and 10 yen books don’t help with the problem either :sob:
(I will never actually dare to put all my owned book on a list here :rofl: poor brandon :sob:)

6 Likes

Sounds like a healthy stash! :rofl:

4 Likes

I can’t even if I wanted to. Some of those covers… :flushed: :face_with_peeking_eye: :rofl:

9 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels intensely embarrassed by the covers on some BL books :joy: no one better ever open the kindle app on my iPad…

6 Likes

a.k.a why I will never document the doujin I read :sob: :rofl: :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

My curiosity has been piqued…! :eyes:

4 Likes

Eyebrow Raise GIFs | Tenor

6 Likes

*BL :rofl:

4 Likes