👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club 🎓 BL University 📚

Hmmm. I wanted to pick up the Kindle version of 嫌いでいさせて | L22 , but I can’t for the life of me access it. Amazon just throws an error page, and trying to navigate it to it on my Kindle itself doesn’t actually pull back the book in the search results, even though it’s on the autofill search list…

Edit: Bookwalker says that I can’t access that item’s page outside Japan. Is that normal?

probably an R18 (or close to it) title. it’s common with those.

1 Like

Dang, even Amazon JP? I know I’ve bought R18 Kindle stuff from them before; is this a new policy?

Not sure. Maybe stuff wasn’t flagged as R18 before. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Hmmm. How could I get around it on Amazon? VPN?

Oddly enough I can access it with my American IP address on Amazon. Maybe because the only address and phone on it are JP region?

But yeah probably a R18 given the description:“単行本描き下ろしはその後のラブラブ孕ませエッチ&電子限定描き下ろしマンガ1Pを収録!” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Tagging those who voted for F&B way back for better visibility: @SophieShiori @tabibito-san @cat @shablul @Nicole216 @bungakushoujo (+ @pyororon? Though you’ve already read the book, granted.)

Vote on our start date if you’re interested in reading!

7 Likes

YES I AM
YOU WILL SEE ME COMING FOR BLOOD
:drum:

2 Likes

Oh-hoh. :eyes: Was this intentional? I approve, regardless! Can’t wait to see you there! :sailboat: :pirate_flag:

3 Likes

I don’t even remember voting for this :rofl: I’m a bit over stretched though, so I’ll be sitting this one out

3 Likes

I come bearing news! I have acquired a copy of the first F&B in Korean!

Pics

(Put against the Japanese bunko version for a size comparison.)

There are, from what used listings I’ve been able to find, 12 F&B books translated into Korean (out of 24). And if there are Korean versions, I’d be willing to bet money there’s a Chinese version as well. If anyone ever happens upon other language versions of F&B, please let me know! :pray:

Also, you should vote for the reading club’s F&B start date if you haven’t already!

2 Likes

Nice! Where did you find it? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I bought a used copy from Yes24 using PurchaseKorea, their custom ordering process specifically. Very easy, and the book arrived promptly.

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ll have to take a look! :grinning:

1 Like

One last reminder to vote on our start date if you haven’t. A one- and two-week break are tied, with the only differing votes being @shablul and @bungakushoujo. If the ties stays as-is, would you be okay with the 2-week break @shablul? I’d like to accommodate as many people as I can, and it’s generally easier to push back a week than bring one forward.

3 Likes

Okie dokie :smiley:

2 Likes

All right, I’m going to go ahead and call it here. We’ll be starting Flesh&Blood on May 6!

4 Likes

The home thread for Flesh&Blood is up! Please visit and vote on pacing if you’re interested in joining! @bibliothecary could the home thread be added to the OP here?

5 Likes

Done! :smiley:

Looking forward to this one! :laughing:

2 Likes

As am I! :laughing: My only regret is the high level that will chase off some participants. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes