👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club 🎓 BL University 📚

I kinda implise added it but I’m now looking to see if it’s considered BL or not and then I’ll update

I remember when the anime came out it was super BL centered so I assumed but looking through reviews kinda gives me a different vibe?

Will update with a formal template or with a give up message

2 Likes

It seems like the BL was an anime only thing so unfortunately no free for keeps entry for Monochrome Factor :frowning:

Edit: I miss those times where they took the ikemen sus boys vibe from manga and just turned into it into BL anime, gave some good action packed BL at the time

2 Likes

Recommendations and freebies are still appreciated! :grin:

Since it’s been a week since my last nom, I’m contemplating what to suggest next… :sweat_smile:

Meanwhile, this poll is currently deadlocked, so vote if you haven’t already!

3 Likes

If “suggestive but never crossing the threshold” goes, I’ll get something to nominate! to give everyone an itch they can’t scratch because I am evil.

6 Likes

Voted for the bromance just for you

3 Likes

9fe75959-a517-43ae-8154-5bdca2356f25

Title: G・DEFEND 1 | L26
Book type: manga
Available formats: physical / ebook

Summary - Japanese

西暦2022年。政治テロが相次ぐ国会では、新たな警備体制と
して国会警備隊を設置、
テロ組織はその総指揮をとる教官を狙い始める。
歴代の教官が次々と殉職する中、8代目教官・石川だけは、彼を愛するSP岩瀬
の決死の働きによって数々の危険をかいくぐってきた…。
森本秀が描く近未来ラブ&アクション!

Summary - English

The year is 2022. The Diet has been hit by a series of political terrorist attacks. A new security force, the Kokkai-Keibitai (Diet Garrison), has been established. Then, the terrorist organization begins to target the instructors in charge.

Ishikawa, the eighth-generation instructor, is the only one who has managed to evade the dangers thanks to the desperate efforts of his beloved SP Iwase…

Morimoto Shu’s near-future love and action!

Content warnings

Based on the description, terrorist attacks/violence.

Reason(s) for nominating: Another long series (for BL, anyway), this is a sci-fi manga series that started in the 90s and is currently sitting at 75 volumes. And I’m curious about long-running BL stories! :laughing:

4 Likes

The reason doujinshi was invented! :laughing:

3 Likes

WAIT SINCE THE MONOCHROME FACTOR DOESNT COUNT (a.k.a the manga is t BL piennnn)
SINCE IT DOESNT COUNT I CAN GIVE ANOTHER ENTRY RIGHT?!?

KYO KARA MAOU

3 Likes

The covers are really pretty!

2 Likes

The one I referenced is a special version that summarized around 3 books I think?

If you look at the author page you can see the light novel version with the more anime-ish illustrated cover

2 Likes

I was gonna say, those aren’t the covers I’m familiar with - when did it become so elegant?! :rofl:

Another suggestion I love - I remember desperately trying to find the subbed anime episodes years ago to watch in 240p! :sweat_smile:

Mind making a formal nom? :grin:

2 Likes

I like the one you linked better. Not a fan of the anime style of light novel covers in general.

Is that a famous series? I guess I should check it out when I have time™

2 Likes

Always weird to see series I know/have read some of nominated. :open_mouth: G-Defend I never got super far through; it felt more episodic than I originally thought it would be, so I would lose steam every time I tried. I still want to give it another go, though; 75 volumes can’t be wrong, right? I have the first 20 purchased, so I can’t give in

Also, that mangaka has some insanely cute other series (MOON・TRICK (series) | L25, 仁獣芳烈伝 (series) | L26, アスタリスク (series) | L25) that were on my short list to nominate if bromance is allowed as a nom.

A second one in a row that I know/own; crazy. It’s been looking at me from my shelf for years

It’s well-enough known in the English fandom for having the anime brought over during a time when little BL was hopping over the pond, I’d say. It was also an isekai before it was cool.

3 Likes

That and Junjou Romantica seemed to be the most popular (with English-speaking audiences anyway) back when I first started getting into BL. You don’t hear about it much now, though…

3 Likes

Junjou and the Finder series are what come to mind for me in terms of popular back-in-the-day BL.

5 Likes

I have several volumes of Kyou Kara Maou (Flagship HPB had them one time I visited and I snagged them; they’re all random volumes though) but not the first, so that might be my excuse to get some books off Mandarake that aren’t on CDJapan

4 Likes

Just based on the amount of comments I see in this thread whenever I come back to the forums, I feel like this club is going to be the most fervent one we have. :joy:

9 Likes

So after @shablul writes up a nom for 今日から, we’ll have two slots left… :eyes: What will be the lucky nominees?

2 Likes

When I started it was gravitation lmao
Though when kkm came out there was barely any noise but it had a lot of episodes and several seasons so I guess inside Japan it was fairly popular

The noise about junjou Romantica when it just came out was HUGE lol I remember it so well it was so surprising :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Another series I haven’t thought about in years! :smile:

3 Likes