📚 Buying Korean Books Internationally 🛫

Review for YULSHOP via Now in Seoul

Now in Seoul sells a variety of Korean goods from a small selection of businesses. The site is entirely in English, and easy to navigate.

Details

Prices: On the expensive side. The manhwa I bought cost about 60% more than Korean retailer listings, plus shipping.

Ordering: Simple, straightforward, exactly what you’d expect. Email confirmation as soon as your order is placed.

Payment methods: Paypal, credit card, or bank transfer.

Processing: Shipped within 2 working days, email update including tracking information.

Tracking: FedEx, delivered within 3 days (UK).

Packaging: Each individual manhwa was shrink wrapped and wrapped in bubble wrap, then the bundle was wrapped in more bubble wrap and boxed up. So the products arrived in excellent condition, but all that plastic… Not exactly eco-friendly.

Items: Genuine items in perfect condition, and included a small gift.

Pros:

• Easy to use
  • Worldwide shipping
  • Offers a wide range of products, such as cosmetics and Kpop merchandise
  • Orders accrue points that can be used on future purchases

Cons

• Price
  • Excessive packaging
  • Limited selection of books and manhwa
  • When browsing books, you can’t filter out magazines, Kpop merch, or items that are out of stock (which together make up the majority of the listings)

Overall: I’m happy with my experience, as the books arrived quickly and in excellent condition. I wouldn’t shop there often due to the price, but if there were books or manhwa I wanted to own physically (not available cheaper elsewhere), I’d feel confident ordering from the site again.

Rating: ★★★★☆

3 Likes