Ebook Reader Recommendations/ Experiences

Mine is the newest model, purchased less than a year ago. So I think that’s just how it works.

The problem is that the Kindle only ever finds one word when deconjugating. You can cycle through multiple results, but that seems to be post deconjugation. For example, I just saw なって and long tapped it which highlighted なっ. This gave three dictionary entries for なう (which is apparently a word?) and none for the obviously correct なる. If I force it to highlight なって it correctly results in なる being shown.

3 Likes

Then it‘s in fact very bad! My dict (not on Kindle, though) does the highlighting as told, but then shows all fitting words at once. So you just have to scroll. Sorry, I just couldn‘t imaging such bad things even exist…

2 Likes

hmmm… on further fiddling, it looks as though it works for verbs with kanji but not あります or なる。 When I highlighted the whole word of ありませんでした it still didn’t find it! Silly thing. Or maybe I don’t know how to hightlight? You drag those handle things up and down right? It automatically highlighted あり and even if I dragged the bottom handle down to た it still just looked up あり。
Anyway, I think I can live with that. In the worst case its no worse than a paper book but I can get books from Amazon in Oz.

3 Likes