German Beta - Feedback & CEFR Update!

4 Likes

Ah, thank you!

2 Likes

Hey everyoneā€¦ Iā€™ve fixed up a lot of data issues with regards to duplicates, bad series titles and what notā€¦ so the German side should be looking pretty good to go! Let me know if you still hit issues.

Will be doing a reddit announcement soon I think :de:

Edit: And yes iā€™ll be taking a look at that 40 book series limit today.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve added Schritte plus 2: Deutsch als Fremdsprache / Kursbuch + Arbeitsbuch mit Audio-CD zum Arbeitsbuch und interaktiven Ɯbungen | L0 which is part of a series, but seems like the order(and gradings?) of books is wrong and vol 5 is also missing.

I checked the amazon link and looks like vol 5 is not listed as the same series over there too. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hmm, yes. It seems like this is a little messed up, doesnā€™t it :thinking:

This sort of request is best handled by submitting a ā€˜Something not right? Let us Knowā€™ reportā€¦ you can find that button on the series page - Schritte Plus (series) | L0

Just let us know whatā€™s the amazon book url that needs to be added, the correct levels and order for everything and weā€™ll get it fixed up :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Any of our German learners willing to make a custom list or two? Would be a big help getting the ball rolling on the German lists :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve made a few, but the TV shows seem to have an issue with the cover images: Bingeable TV Shows You Know & Love | German list by bibliothecary | Natively.

ETA: I also keep hitting the server issues page after editing lists in German, which didnā€™t happen with other languages. :thinking:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always been curious - is there a way to tell what language (dub and/or sub) a show is available in besides finding it where its available and checking there?

2 Likes

Is this still happening?

Made a couple of edits and didnā€™t have a problem, seems to be fixed! :smiley:

1 Like

Not as far as Iā€™m aware - it would be useful, though!

2 Likes

So, thereā€™s been a slight update.

Iā€™ve changed the CEFR level mapping - I set ā€˜A0ā€™ as the bottom level range and pushed up all the other ones. So the new mapping is:

A0 : 0-5
A1 : 6-12
A2 : 13-19
B1 : 20-26
B2 : 27-33
C1 : 34-40
C2 : 41+

Why? Well, I want to keep Harry Potter vol 1 around lvl 29ā€¦ so that the Japanese and other grading systems are somewhat close (Japanese has harry potter around lvl 29ā€¦ actually lvl 31 currently, but it fluctuates).

This does mean, however, that all the books submitted at an initial level will now be wrong if you did it by CEFR lvl approximation. However, this isnā€™t a terribly big issue.

What Iā€™d like to do now is to try to find some books which we can ā€˜setā€™ at a level and then have all the other books benchmarked to those standard books. See Come help the grading system! Request for Benchmark Books, Movies & TV Shows~ for more info.

Edit: Shoot, textbooks will be a bit off now! I will try to addressā€¦

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Come help the grading system! Request for Benchmark Books, Movies & TV Shows~

I tried to add a German book today (had requested its series to be added some time ago, but nothing happened so far :woman_shrugging: so I figured Iā€™d request the individual book this time around) and it could not find the book on ā€œsearchā€, and when I tried to add the book nonetheless, it told me I should use the Japanese Amazon although Iā€™m clearly in the German section:

3 Likes

hmmā€¦ thatā€™s strange. It also looks like the auto function couldnā€™t find it?

Whatā€™s the url ?

It should be this one:

I had requested the series already through the series page https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08H3N4HJD?binding=pocket_book&qid=1715010926&sr=8-1&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_pc_tukn which was accepted by Natively just fine, but the books havenā€™t appeared yetā€¦

1 Like

Any news on this @brandon ?

1 Like

Unfortunately, Iā€™m waiting on a response from support. There does seem to be an issue with my account, but I never received any mail from them specifying that my account status was changed?

Itā€™s strange, but hopefully they get back soon.

1 Like