Home thread for 月の裏側 🌒 (in progress | Now reading 2 chapters/week )

I am not sure about the reasoning, but yeah, WK book clubs started on the Saturday ever since I started being interested in them (which is a looong time :sweat_smile:)

I’m happy to hear that! I never understood the "American"™ notion of starting the calendar week on a Sunday. Europe™ understands that Monday is the day to start a new week.

Ah, oops, my fault :grin: This was purely because I wanted to start on the first of the month, and it doesn’t matter as much anyway for informal clubs as they don’t have weekly threads and reading schedule and stuff :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Meanwhile, the poll results so far are as noncommittal as can be :joy:

4 Likes

Haha yeah I thought so too! The polite readers’ gang :rofl:

I guess we need someone like @pm215 to tell us they want the slower schedule. :grin:

or maybe I should say I want the faster schedule? :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s probably my fault for providing the option in the poll :eyes:

It certainly sounded like you do, at least. :grin:

I’d vote for the faster schedule normally, but I’m so behind and so overwhelmed by everything I’m supposed to be reading at the moment that I’m not convinced I will be able to keep up. But for me usually faster=better, and finishing books within the year even better.

4 Likes

I probably would have abstained from voting if there had not been such an option :rofl:

Yeah the thing is, I want to read faster, but I don’t want to force the faster schedule onto the others if they can’t handle it, you know? :sweat_smile: :face_in_clouds: I don’t want to be THAT person who can be blamed for the struggles of others.
But yeah, you are right, I kicked this off, so now I need to face it. :muscle:

4 Likes

How are you forcing it onto others? You have one vote, just like everyone else. That’s how polls are supposed to work. (I really shouldn’t have included the polite option)

3 Likes

Hmmm ok yeah it’s only in my head, I know :sweat_smile: Thanks for setting this straight!

3 Likes

I moved my vote, now you’re not alone @nikoru :handshake:

I’m pretty apathetic about going faster, since the readings for this book don’t take me very long now that we’re past the canal descriptions, but wrapping another book before EOY is appealing.

4 Likes

Admittedly, if we switch to 2 chapters/week asap, the last two chapters will start on Jan 1st, but I guess we can cheat a little there :wink:

Ahhh, thanks! Feels better now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I have also moved my vote for solidarity! :facepunch:t2: Haha

4 Likes

What about @eefara @mita @fillanzea ? Are you still with us? What do you think about a change of pace?

3 Likes

I unfortunately never started. :sob: So no need to accommodate for me!

3 Likes

Same :sob: I think I will just need to read this one later. I’m a little behind on other book club reads, so it will be a while before I can get to this one.

4 Likes

@eefara @mita Thanks for letting us know!
And don’t fret, there are always more books than one can possibly read :woman_shrugging: sadly :sob:

6 Likes

I’m sure you mean happily. We wouldn’t want there to be fewer books that we could read, would we? What would we read then? What would we hoard? What about our precious 積読? :scream:

7 Likes

Happiness is measured by the size of your 積読

6 Likes

So, this looks like we will speed up from next week on? :eyes:

4 Likes

Yep, two chapters per week from next week on! :slight_smile:
(and I still need to read the current chapter :see_no_evil: )

5 Likes
Week Starting Date Chapters Pages Length
Week 1 November 6 Chapter I 6-30 24
Week 2 November 13 Chapter II 32-57 25
Week 3 November 20 Chapter III 60-86 26
Week 4 November 27 Chapter IV+V 88-142 52
Week 5 December 4 Chapter VI+VII 144-203 57
Week 6 December 11 Chapter VIII+IX 206-267 55
Week 7 December 18 Chapter X+XI 270-328 56
Week 8 December 25 Chapter XII+XIII 330-392 60
Week 9 January 1 Chapter XIV+XV 394-452 56

Ok so I think this should be the new schedule? I copied from the top post and edited. Hopefully didn’t flub any numbers. I’m digging into week 4 tonight so wanted something to refer to :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Week 4 is up! Note that we’re reading two chapters from this week on.

6 Likes