🇰🇷 🇯🇵 Home Thread for 本好きの下剋上 / 책벌레의 하극상 📚 🪱

So I ended up buying the physical Korean version (why not, the 알라딘 bookstore next to me) and I’m glad I did! There’s a nice little map in it :slight_smile:

Though, i’m not sure 우라노 would approve… it smells like a new book…

Picture of map

Also, good job on the Koran book pages… they are accurate!

7 Likes

Yeah I had to do some research to get a copy of the book here cause they aren’t numbered in an easy to understand way so I was spoiled a bit, but I’m just going to try to let that information fall out of my brain haha.

3 Likes

Any Korean Learners ( @bibliothecary ?) know if we are just reading 책벌레의 하극상 1부 1권 (or are we doing 2권 as well)? 감사합니다

4 Likes

just reading 1권 for now! 책벌레의 하극상 제1부 - 병사의 딸 1 | L28

But perhaps we’ll be inspired to continue if it’s really good… join us! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sick! Thanks Brandon :))

3 Likes

I’m holding on continuing the series to see if the book club goes further.
Not sure if I’ll be able to hold it for that long though :rofl:

3 Likes

I hope this book club continues :smiley: I have already read the first volume and am currently reading volume 2.

6 Likes

I completely forgot this would start while I am on vacation. Need to catch up with my listening. :running_woman:t2:

4 Likes

Probably everyone who wanted to join purchased it already.

Maybe if you were on the fence there’s this chance thanks to @Arnavisca sharing on the sales thread:

7 Likes

For those of us who may have difficulty following the story, reading the manga alongside might help (I’m not sure how closely it follows the LN, though). :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@eefara Got a physical copy of the Korean version (better late than never! :laughing:), so I’ve listed out the pages. A bit more accurate than the Ridi ebook, since we’ve discovered their page numbers can’t be trusted. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Page Numbers
Chapter End Page No. of pages
1 15 4
2 26 11
3 39 13
4 48 9
5 57 9
6 69 12
7 80 11
8 90 10
9 101 11
10 111 10
11 125 14
12 136 11
13 150 14
14 161 11
15 173 12
16 189 16
17 204 15
18 216 12
19 232 16
20 242 10
21 252 10
22 268 16
23 278 10
24 289 11
25 307 18
26 322 15
SS1 334 12
SS2 347 13
Afterword 349 3
Translator’s Note 352 3

Obviously the translator’s note is Korean-only and doesn’t need to be included. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I haven’t really been doing it for this club, though I did with コップクラフト, so a poll:

Do you find it helpful when I post announcements of new weekly threads here?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

Depends on when I am reading. Usually I don’t need them since I just go straight to the weekly thread, but if I want to (re-)read the discussion at a later date it is nice to have all the links in one place.

1 Like

They’re a bit hidden atm because the tables are so long, but I do link each weekly thread in the schedule tables, on the dates when that week’s reading starts.

1 Like

I put this thread on “watched”, so I get a notification when someone posts. That way, I would see when the thread is up a bit more reliably than looking at the 3-ish latest threads.

4 Likes

I’ll start posting new threads here, then! Assuming I don’t forget. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

5 Likes

The week 6 thread has been posted!

2 Likes

So, I’ve had my holidays (plus a busy work week the week before and week of jet lag the week after) and now am back. But it does mean I’ve fallen 3 weeks behind (soon to be 4 when week 7 starts). So debating between just catching up behind all the way or declaring bankruptcy, catching up via the english copy, then rejoining on week 7.

7 Likes

Just gotta go fast

rsrs-papers

11 Likes