Level Color Change Proposal

I give mine the R18 tag… I still find it funny that Japanese call smutty romance books Teen’s Love :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A gradient sounds logical, but it might not be intuitive which color is on either end. There is a color scale many should be familiar with:

colors_tan

This is just a starting point, the green in particular should probably be tweaked. White through Orange is sort of an “industry standard”, but it falls apart above that. I like the original proposal’s Black here: “So hard, we don’t even have a color for it.” :sweat_smile:

A downside is that Blue and Purple are very close in some forms of color blindness. Their brackets are adjacent though, so this might be acceptable.

5 Likes

I think the current color scheme is fine and also okay with the proposed color scheme. For those that don’t Iike the black it could be made into an orange color instead then.

I do for sure like the idea of green being beginner/N5 I feel makes a lot of sense.

If for colorblind people it’s hard to tell from the green, turquoise, and blue then maybe the turquoise color could be removed?

Green Beginner/N5
Blue Upper Beginner/N4
Purple Intermediate N3
Red Advanced N2
Orange Advanced N1
Black Advanced N1+

2 Likes

Just as an update on this thread - I want to mock up some different alternatives and see if we like them first… then potentially do another thread & final poll.

May not be for a week though :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If there are more than two options, please consider making it multiple choice so we can pick as many as we want. Also, an “I don’t care” option would be nice. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

picking as many as we want sounds great, but maybe each choice could have a priority? so my 1st choice is the one i like the most, then 2nd choice, then 3rd etc.

While that sounds great in theory, I’m not doing a ranked choice voting algorithm for a color change poll :joy: :joy:

If you really just prefer one, then choose that one. Hopefully no one hates any of them, so not a terribly big deal.

Edit: Although perhaps discourse has it out of the box. If they do, then I can do ranked choice. I just assume they don’t… but they have something called ‘number rating’, not sure.

3 Likes

that’s fine, it was only a suggestion! i did think a code for a poll like that would be available out there in the internet, but as i don’t code at all, that is just the impression of someone who knows nothing about it lmao.

1 Like