ライトノベル読書会 📚 Light Novel Book Club | Next Book Apr 1

The kindle version of ビブリア is on sale right now if anyone is interested.

5 Likes

Just a heads up to everyone we have 5 slots remaining and three days left for nominations! You can still nominate during the voting period, but it won’t be included in this next vote.

3 Likes

You could also look on Wikipedia for volumes list. If there’s an upcoming volume, they’ll usually have a tentative entry and/or release date

Or maybe just Google if it’s finished or ongoing

2 Likes

Also the publication period. If the series is over, there will be an extra end date. Otherwise, it will be indicated as ongoing. (Can be out of date if the last volume was very recently published, but that’s usually not a problem)

6 Likes

So I was looking into a few things I had in mind but sadly most of them are out-of-print in physical form, and seems like going for a digital only would halve potential club members…

So I’ll see if I can find some extra nominations that still have their books being printed…

2 Likes

Book: 君を愛したひとりの僕へ | L29
Is there an ebook available?: yes
Is there an audiobook available?: yes (https://www.audible.co.jp/pd/B07QMTC43Y)
Is there an all-furigana version available?: no

Summary - Japanese

人々が少しだけ違う並行世界間で日常的に揺れ動いていることが実証された世界―― 両親の離婚を経て父親と暮らす日高暦(ひだか・こよみ)は、父の勤務する虚質科学研究所で佐藤栞(さとう・しおり)という少女に出会う。 たがいにほのかな恋心を抱くふたりだったが、親同士の再婚話がすべてを一変させた。 もう結ばれないと思い込んだ暦と栞は、兄妹にならない世界に跳ぼうとするが…… 彼女がいない世界に意味はなかった。『僕が愛したすべての君へ』と同時刊行

Summary - English

In a world where people are proven to swing between slightly different parallel worlds on a daily basis - Hidaka Koyomi, who lives with her father after her parents’ divorce, meets a girl called Sato Shiori at the Institute of Imaginary Science where her father works. The two have a faint feeling of love for each other, but everything changes when their parents talk about remarrying. Convinced that they will never be together again, Reki and Shiori try to jump to a world where they will never be siblings, but … there is no meaning in a world without her. Published at the same time as To All the People I Love.

Why are you nominating this book: Looking for some recs that aren’t a 10+ volume series, I remembered I had this on my TBR and had been planning on reading it for a while. This and the companion book 僕が愛したすべての君へ | L28. I have been told the order in which one reads those 2 books determines to some extent how one sees the story and I found some recommendations to start with 君愛.

9 Likes

Book: 真の仲間じゃないと勇者のパーティーを追い出されたので、辺境でスローライフすることにしました | L34
Is there an ebook available?: :o:
Is there an audiobook available?: :small_red_triangle: (Only Audible JP)
Is there an all-furigana version available?: :x:

Summary - Japanese

さぁ、スローライフを始めよう。元・最強の英雄による自由気ままな新生活!

「君は真の仲間ではない――」最前線での戦いについていけなくなってしまった英雄・レッドは、仲間の賢者に戦力外を言い渡され勇者のパーティーから追い出されてしまう。「はぁ、あんときは辛かったなぁ」レッドが抜けた事で賢者達が大パニックになってるとは露知らず、当の本人は辺境の地で薬草屋を開業しようとワクワクした気分で過ごしていたのだが……「私もこのお店で働いていいかな? 住み込みで!」突如かつての仲間であるお姫様が自宅まで訪ねてきて!? 追い出された英雄は第2の人生で報われる――。お姫様との幸せいっぱいな辺境スローライフ開幕!!

レッドとリットの出会い、そして二人の新たなスローライフを描いた大ボリューム45000字の【書き下ろしエピソード】を新規収録!「小説家になろう」四半期累計総合1位の超ヒット本命作が、大幅加筆にて遂に文庫化!!

【キャラクター】
・レッド……勇者パーティーを追い出され、辺境でスローライフをすることに。数多くの武功をあげており、勇者を除けば人類最強クラスの剣士。
・リット……ロガーヴィア公国のお姫様。色々あってレッドの店に押しかけ一緒に暮らす。ツン期の終わった元ツンデレ。
・ルーティ……人類最強の加護『勇者』をその身に宿すレッドの妹。昔はお兄ちゃん子でいつもレッドの後をついて回っていた。
・アレス……『賢者』の加護を持つ人類最高峰の魔法使い。レッドをパーティーから追い出した張本人。

Summary - English (Yenpress)

Red was once a member of the Hero’s party, a powerful group destined to save the world from the evil forces of Taraxon, the Raging Demon Lord. That is, until one of his comrades kicked him out. Hoping to live the easy life on the frontier, Red’s new goal is to open an apothecary. However, keeping the secret of his former life may not be as simple as he thinks. Especially when the beautiful Rit, an adventurer from his past, shows up and asks to move in with him!

Content warnings if known

None

Why are you nominating this book: It’s supposed to be a chill title, I guess I’m having enough stress in life that lately I’m gravitating towards these kind of titles. It’s been on my TBR along nonbiri nouka for a while. Since I started the other one on my own, I’d though I’d nominate this one.

For table adding reference.

The status is ongoing-ish. 12 Volumes + 1 Prequel volume.

5 Likes

Book: おおかみこどもの雨と雪 | L29
Is there an ebook available?: yes
Is there an audiobook available?: no
Is there an all-furigana version available?: yes (https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4046312483 - physical & ebook available)

Summary - Japanese

ある日、大学生の花は”おおかみおとこ”に恋をした。2人は愛しあい、2つの命を授かる。そして彼との悲しい別れ――。1人になった花は2人の子供、雪と雨を田舎で育てることに。

Summary - English

One day, university student Hana falls in love with a “wolf man”, they fall in love and have two lives together. Hana is left alone to raise her two children, Snow and Rain, in the countryside.

Death of a parent; Death of an animal;

Why are you nominating this book: Finished with 1 volume and a furigana version available. (Trying to entice some newbies to maybe join the BC. ;))

7 Likes

Book サマーウォーズ | L25??

Is there an ebook available?: :o:
Is there an audiobook available?: :x:
Is there an all-furigana version available?: :small_red_triangle: (Written by a different author)

Note that there are two editions of physical version, Hard Cover and Paperback.
There’s also two editions of the ebooks, one normal novel, and one Tsubasa Bunko for beginners.

Summary - Japanese

高校2年の夏休み、小磯健二は憧れの先輩・篠原夏希に頼まれ、長野県にある彼女の田舎へ行くことに。そこで曾祖母を中心とするご親戚に夏希が放った衝撃のセリフ―「この人、私のお婿さんになる人だから」!?なんとか“フィアンセのふり”という大役を果たそうと頑張る彼のもとに、謎の数列が届く。夢中で答えを導き出した健二だったが、翌朝世界は一変していた!突如襲った危機に、ご親戚+健二のひと夏の戦争が始まる。

Summary - English (Anilist)

When timid eleventh-grader and math genius Kenji Koiso is asked by older student and secret crush Natsuki to come with her to her family’s Nagano home for a summer job, he agrees without hesitation.

Natsuki’s family, the Jinnouchi clan, dates back to the Muromachi era (1336 to 1573), and they’ve all come together to celebrate the 90th birthday of the spunky matriarch of the family, Sakae. That’s when Kenji discovers his “summer job” is to pretend to be Natsuki’s fiance and dance with her at the birthday celebration.

As Kenji attempts to keep up with Natsuki’s act around her family, he receives a strange math problem on his cell phone which, being a math genius, he can’t resist solving. As it turns out, the solution to the mysterious equation causes Oz, the program that controls nearly every aspect of life to be hacked into, it’s up to Kenji and his new “family” to stop the hacker before it’s too late.

None

Why are you nominating this book: It’s a summer story and we are in summer!, There’s a movie about it that I really liked and I wanted to read the novel about it.

There’s a Paperback edition, a Hardcover edition, an ebook, a Tsubasa Bunko printed and ebook edition with full furigana. So it should be easily accessible to the vast majority, including beginners.

The Tsubasa Bunko edition is written by a different author.

For table adding reference.

Status is Finished: 1. Vol.

7 Likes

Maybe we can start the voting earlier if we fill the last spot that is left :sweat_smile:

I’ll leave it to someone else, for a last minute nomination.

3 Likes

do you by any chance happen to know if this https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07DJ2QL1L is the same book just with a different publisher? :thinking:

3 Likes

I may join if this is picked, though at that level it’ll be a stretch for me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I think that was self published maybe? or a Small print. Then it was picked up by Kadokawa

2 Likes

I could have something in mind if there’s still a spot. Will edit here if this gets some likes :smile:

5 Likes

According to advanced math, there’s one spot left!

5 Likes

Do It Kermit GIF - Do It Kermit Darth Kermit GIFs

3 Likes

eren-yeager-manipulation

nekone-utawarerumono

3 Likes

I think @seanblue mentioned this at some point, and it also caught my eye some time ago. Don’t really know much about it either, but gonna nominate it anyway :smile:. I know it got the Dengeki Novel Grand Prize “Silver Award” this year.

Synopsis

Japanese

愛が、二人を引き裂いた。

竜殺しの英雄、シギベルト率いるノーヴェルラント帝国軍。伝説の島「エデン」の攻略に挑む彼らは、島を護る竜の返り討ちに遭い、幾度も殲滅された。
エデンの海岸に取り残され、偶然か必然か――生きのびたシギベルトの娘ブリュンヒルド。竜は幼い彼女を救い、娘のように育てた。一人と一匹は、愛し、愛された。
しかし十三年後、シギベルトの放つ大砲は遂に竜の命を奪い、英雄の娘ブリュンヒルドをも帝国に「奪還」した。
『神の国で再会したければ、他人を憎んではならないよ。』
復讐に燃えるブリュンヒルドの胸に去来するのは、正しさと赦しを望んだ竜の教え。従うべくは、愛した人の言葉か、滾り続ける愛そのものか――。
第28回電撃小説大賞《銀賞》受賞の本格ファンタジー、ここに開幕!

English

Love tore them apart.
The Noverland Imperial Army led by Sigibert, the hero of the dragon slayer. They challenged to capture the legendary island “Eden” and were annihilated many times by the dragon’s return to protect the island. Left behind on the coast of Eden, by chance or inevitability-Brynhildr, the daughter of Sigibert who survived. The dragon saved her little girlfriend and raised her like her daughter. One and one were loved and loved.
However, thirteen years later, the cannon fired by Sigibert finally took the life of the dragon, and “regained” the hero’s daughter Brynhildr to the empire.

“If you want to meet again in the kingdom of God, don’t hate others.”
Brynhildr’s vengeful chest comes to the dragon’s teachings for her righteousness and forgiveness. Is it the words of a loved one or the love that continues to linger in order for her to obey?
The 28th Dengeki Novel Grand Prize “Silver Award” winning full-scale fantasy begins here!

Translation source, Dengeki Wiki

Why you nominate this

Because dragons.

5 Likes

EDIT: Had to include a clip since this guy is so hyper. ジャスト デゥー イット

6 Likes

Welp, that’s all the slots taken! Good work team! While I update the nominations table, does anyone care if I open the voting early? Any reason we should wait?

Also, did we want to modify how a book is removed from the next vote? Originally I just had something similar to the mystery club in mind, where no votes = kick, but LNs are more likely to be easy to nominate, so it feels like we might want a snappier system.

3 Likes