ライトノベル読書会 📚 Light Novel Book Club | Next Book Apr 1

That seems a bit intense. Almost all of the nominations are L30 or above (one exception), including the winner, コップクラフト | L35. Honestly unless a lot of people are requesting a level-based limit, it doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.

3 Likes

I’m happy to hear other opinions; I feel like the prevailing ones have been “I don’t care” or “Copcraft sticks out for being at a higher level”, so I just went with the latter for now. We have until our next voting period to decide, at least.

1 Like

By the way, I don’t think that コップクラフト is particularly hard for a light novel. I could see it drop in the N2 range with more gradings (so far only 3 people graded it, including myself).

5 Likes

Yeah, comparing JPDB ratings for some well graded books, Sword Art Online and Danmachi are both rated harder at 8/10 compared to 7/10 for Cop Craft. On Natively both are lvl 32 33 and 32 respectively ATM. Of course that’s just a statistical rating, but supports the fact it’s probably a bit too high.

4 Likes

Small correction that doesn’t affect your point, but SAO is L33 (not 32)

Did Discourse freak out and delete a bunch of votes or something?

3 Likes

Anyway, there’s a good sale for 青春ブタ野郎 for those interested. I bought the first volume for 199 yen. There’s a bunch more around half off, but I didn’t get any beyond the first.

2 Likes

Wow, I’ve never seen that before. :frowning: That’s our top two completely gone. Man, what the heck happened?

1 Like

It is quite a new feeling to see 本好き with no votes :joy:

It looks like everyone is still there but only got one vote (hence why the number of votes now match the number voters)

Edit: I just realized the same thing happened to the start date poll just below it.

I wonder if it happens to all multiple polls, including new ones?

• yes
  • maybe
  • no
  • how about that

0 voters

Well, it looks fine so far.
Maybe if I close it? I’ll wait a little bit anyway.

4 Likes

Whoa. I didn’t update today or anything, although I think I did in the last week. Still, bizarre.

1 Like

It’s possible it happened then and that no one noticed until now.

1 Like

You closed the poll and it still looks fine. At the very least my votes, yours, and Brandon’s all match what they were when the poll was open.

2 Likes

Yes, I got distracted and forgot to mention about it.

I wonder what would happen if @eefara reopened and then closed again the polls? (I assume that the votes are just lost and nothing would happen, but who knows)

1 Like

Thanks for telling! Got it just in case.

1 Like

It was set to close automatically, so unfortunately I don’t think I can reopen it. :confused:

The second one was not, though?

Whoops, you’re right; I didn’t scroll down far enough. I tried opening and re-closing it, but no change. :\

1 Like

Well I think it can be solved by holding a new vote if it’s decided that we want to start a second book club, but I think it’s something that we need to keep an eye on, because it sucks that the votes got lost and the poll got completely shifted.

I tried looking into issues of discourse but found nobody complaining about this behaviour.
Maybe next time set it to manually close just to be safe?

2 Likes

The one that was manually closed had the exact same problem, so, other than offering the option to vote again, a manual close wouldn’t do much if the problem happens again.

3 Likes

Well, but with a manual close you can take a screenshot before something happens.

Then maybe @brandon can report this issue happening if he can’t pinpoint why it’s happening in the back-end

4 Likes