🌷 美しい彼 🐤 My Beautiful Man 📸 Home Thread

Oooh! So exciting @bibliothecary! This makes me want to set up a thread for Flesh&Blood. :face_holding_back_tears:

Like Naphthalene, I have not consumed any of 美しい彼, so if a book club were to be set up… :eyes: Or even a TV club, though I watch so little TV I’m incredibly inconsistent normally. (I’m 99% sure someone somewhere on this forum mentioned, at least jokingly, setting up a BL book club, but I can’t fit the life of me find the post/who it was.)

2 Likes

That was me! :rofl:

I’d totally be down for a BL book/video/anything club. :drooling_face:

3 Likes

:person_facepalming: Well dang. That thread’s only 18 posts long; how did I forget? Well, the sentiment still stands.

1 Like

I watched the series and movie and read the first volume of the LN as part of a club. We were supposed to read all LN volumes, but I never got around to reading the rest. Though, I own at least vols 2&3 and do plan on reading them eventually. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I just realized why there is a duck :baby_chick: emoji in the title and I love it!! :rofl:

I’ve read all the books including the 番外編 and enjoyed them all, but volume 2 is my favorite! A lot of BL novels are only one volume so 美しい彼 was super fun to read because we got way more character development. :face_holding_back_tears: Loved reading about them growing up and seeing their relationship change. I need to do a full reread of all of them one of these days.

5 Likes

Since it seems like there might be some interest… 👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book(?) Club [lots of polls!] :blush:

5 Likes

Seems like the release of manga vol. 3 is getting a whole lot of special treatment. :open_mouth: There’s some kind of Animate/cafe collab that’ll be happening in late October through late November:

They have cookies and goodies! Seems like there are cookies you can buy with specific characters/scenes on them, and acrylic coasters you can get for an extra fee. Looks like there’ll be online shopping during the event period as well, though I can’t tell if there’ll be unique items sold or the online-only stuff plus the coasters/cookies/etc.

2 Likes

Animate always seems to have awesome extras, but if you’re outside of Japan you have to use their international site, which only has like 20 items for sale. :sob:

1 Like

Is there any reason you can’t use a proxy?

1 Like

I’ve never tried before, just because it seems like a bit more hassle and the pricing isn’t usually very clear. If anyone has any suggestions, though, I’m all ears! :smile:

1 Like

I’ve been using FromJapan for a while now and been pretty happy with them. Haven’t shopped around in a while, so there may be cheaper. I’d say that, at least for me personally, the ability to not be limited to official international sites more than makes up for any extra hoops I have to jump through to use a proxy. I wouldn’t have been able to collect half of my goods and stuff, or would’ve had to pay extravagant pricing if I weren’t using a proxy for sure.

1 Like

I’ll have a look into FromJapan, then! :grin:

1 Like

Used them too in the past for yahoo auctions and was happy with them. You pay a fee per transaction + price of item + any shipping. If you buy in bulk the fee is negligible and they collect all your purchases into 1 bulk shipping, if you like.

2 Likes

:eyes:

4 Likes

Jelly :melting_face:

checks viki for 239274th time… :frowning_face:

2 Likes

:warning: Big news! :warning:

You might already be aware @bibliothecary, sorry if so

I just saw that 美しい彼 has an official Korean version!

4 Likes

AMAZING!!! :heart_eyes:
Thanks for sharing, I had no idea! :face_holding_back_tears:
I have, of course, purchased the complete set. :money_with_wings:
Should be here in about a month. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I think I’m going to get this too! :eyes:

2 Likes

They arrived quicker than expected! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Nice! Did they come in that fancy case shown in the tweet?