🕵️‍♀️ 推理小説読書会 📚 Mystery Novel Book Club 👮‍♂️ Preparing to read 赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う!

Do you guys think we should advertise this club over at the WK community a little more? There may be people who would be interested in participating but are not aware of the club’s existence.

3 Likes

I mentioned it once but didn’t want to irritate people by talking about it too much :sweat_smile: I thought maybe I’d mention it when I did an update on the daily reading thread since it’d be unobtrusive but other ideas welcome!

Edit: also I watch Masaki :joy: some of my nominations and votes were definitely influenced by his videos

6 Likes

Yes I’m not sure if it could be considered bad form, but I know I could have easily missed it (the Natively forum is so new, after all) and I would really have regretted it if I did. I could post a link in the Intermediate and Advanced book club threads, I’m sure a single unobtrusive post wouldn’t be too bad, right?

8 Likes

Well, I for one am glad you decided to mention it over on the WK forums. :slight_smile:

I’d seen this thread back when it was still fresh, iirc, but lost track along the way. Great nominations, none of which I own, haha! I love a good mystery book though, so happy to get some new ones this way! … I might have a couple I could nominate for next round as well. :eyes:

9 Likes

Finally sat down and looked through all the nominations and suddenly my wish list has grown by like 15 books :joy: There are a couple I’ll definitely be looking into reading whether they’re picked or not, but I’m with you guys, I’m down for really any of them to be picked! There’s so much interesting stuff here :eyes: This is gonna be a lot of fun, I’m excited!

10 Likes

I’m glad to see all of my nominations have successfully exited The Danger Zone. :eyes:

7 Likes

How exciting! So many nominations, so I literally just voted based on the book covers (how I pick lots of my books) ^^

8 Likes

I voted for the 3 I already have in my collection… I didn’t even check what they are about… :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

So you’re telling me you like :sparkles: mystery :sparkles:?

7 Likes

there are very few genres I don’t enjoy… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Heh, was a dumb joke on not knowing the plot will be even more mystery :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

ah! don’t mind me… just being oblivious over here… :rofl: I guess I will not see any twists coming… :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

I might have already started with the apparent winner… the prologue probably makes sense after you finish the book… because right now, that feels like pointless 3000 (?) characters… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t started reading what looks like will be the winner yet but I am reading ‘And then there were none’ in preparation (have seen various adaptations but never read it before). Have heard that it is heavily referenced in 十角館の殺人.

6 Likes

Dang, might be fun to re-read myself; last I picked it up was years ago. And I love catching references when I read. :eyes:

Just a few days left to vote!

7 Likes

I might go the school kid route and watch the movie… :rofl:

8 Likes

Why would you go and put the idea in my head? :open_mouth: I’m having enough trouble keeping up with my current reading/listening/work/rest of life, without another book added to my schedule. But no, I had to go look at the first few pages, and now I may not resist reading to the end… We’ll see.

7 Likes

Just borrowed the audiobook for And Then… from the library as I also haven’t read it since middle school :sweat_smile:

(and weirdly there was no ebook or paper copies)

4 Likes

Hahaha! Sorry everyone for adding to the book pile! I will say that it’s a VERY breezy and fast read (so weird to read like half of it on my commute this morning when I’m so used to how long Japanese books take me :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

That’s like half the reason I’m going to re-read it, haha. Give myself that sense of quick read power :muscle: before we dig into a JP book, haha.

4 Likes