Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

Sounds good. After you update again I’ll see if the bug still happens.

2 Likes

Upgrade is done. Give it a go.

1 Like

Still happening. Guess I’ll submit a bug to Discourse then.

2 Likes

I think showing the heart filled in here is a bit misleading since I favorited the series, not the individual volumes. I’d recommend either not filling in the heart in this case, or maybe doing some kind of partial fill (not sure exactly in what way) to make it distinct.

3 Likes

PRODUCT UPDATE

Please read my new blog article on Favorites! If you’ve been following the favorites thread, not much new information, but I talk a little about the Korean Beta.

I’m very happy to get favorites going :slight_smile:

Next up is finishing up book providers and getting a book provider filter in your library and general search.

10 Likes

All the favorites stuff is looking good, but I don’t think the user library filter needs a question mark… :thinking:

bucketed into swimlanes

I’m even learning new phrases in English here… :rofl:

OT

You mentioned SEO keywords recently, and it occured to me that when I’ve been searching for books I’d use phrases like:

• Korean book recommendations
  • easy Korean [children’s] books/novels
  • Korean books/novels for beginners

It wouldn’t have occurred to me to search for a “difficulty list”, but I suppose with Japanese being more popular it’s not surprising Japanese language learners might expect those kinds of resources.

I don’t know if that’s helpful or not, just a small observation. :smile:

Looking forward to the book providers update! :smiley:

5 Likes

I’ve just noticed that the thing that makes this particularly awkward is that the cookie dialog displays on top of the “save” button on the review-entry screen (at least on the browser window size I’m using), so there’s no possibility to ignore the cookie dialog and save your work first, even if you know the cookie acceptance will throw away the text you’ve written.

3 Likes

That’s a good point. I agree it’s unfortunate. I do think though that it’s a pretty rare event, no? Like how often do you start editing review without getting rid of that annoying cookie dialog first? :thinking:

3 Likes

For me, the answer is always :sweat_smile:
(I generally ignore those dialogs completely, until there’s no avoiding it)

5 Likes

Really? Interesting… that’d drive me insane :joy:.

2 Likes

Well, it’s happened to me twice now in less than a month :slight_smile: . In both cases I think I just didn’t notice the cookie dialogue at the bottom of the screen until I was midway through copying-and-pasting the review across into Natively.

3 Likes

Well, I don’t think i’ll be rebuilding that cookie manager anytime soon, but I added more space below the popup widgets like review… so you’ll always be able to scroll to the save button without clicking the cookie consent.

Not really a solution, but better than nothing.

5 Likes

For all desktop users - what do we think about the new forum sidebar?

Discourse now gives the option to have a sidebar for desktop OR a top-of-the-page hamburger button (three horizontal lines) that pops open the same menu as a popup.

Sidebar (on the left):

Hamburger pop up

I think I prefer the sidebar, but happy to hear opinions! I’ve included a poll for good measure.

What desktop forum menu is the best?
  • Sidebar (like it is now)
  • Hide in hamburger menu (like it was before)
  • Don’t care
  • Ha, desktop? People still use that these days? Mobile only for me.
0 voters
3 Likes

I’m between Sidebar and Don’t care. I just now opened the sidebar accidentally and was surprised. I don’t think I’ll be using it much, but it looks handy. As for the hamburger menu, you’re saying we had it before? I don’t remember it at all. :sweat_smile:

Edit: Ah yes, just checked, and it’s still like this on WK. Can confirm, I never ever use it.

4 Likes

I like the sidebar, but I seem to be missing some options… :sweat_smile:

download

3 Likes

I guess on mobile it doesn’t have all the options, sorry

No, that’s exactly (well, minus the Korean) how it looks for me on desktop too:

On mobile I get more options, like Topics, My posts, More

1 Like

I’m on desktop. I refreshed the page and it looks like it’s updated though.

3 Likes

I literally never use it, so doesn’t matter to me.

2 Likes

I woke up to find it suddenly with a sidebar, and it’s awful. But since it can be closed/hidden, that’s better than the one that tumblr recently implemented… I still like the previous hamburger menu better, but I can live with the collapsable sidebar

3 Likes