Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

One of my books is in my library twice and no matter what I do I can’t seem to get the duplicate out of my ‘owned’ list. Even removing the book only gets rid of one of them. No idea how or when it happened. Should I make a bug report for this @brandon ? :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

It seems you got into a weird state for your library search. No actual data issues, just needs a resync.

However I’m traveling for the next two weeks and my work capacity will be touch and go… especially the next few days as my nephews are a handful :laughing:

I would recommend a bug report. And just a general FYI to everyone that yes I’ll be a bit less responsive!

18 Likes

This is on a series page. Not sure how it has a rating with 0 ratings. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

The series page always shows 5 stars, as it seems, independent of the individual ratings.

Guess it’s a bug then.

2 Likes

I’m not logging a product request right now since I’ve no idea how to word it properly/succinctly (every time I’ve tried to write a title so far, it’s quickly devolved into a long, complicated, half-nonsensical mess, so I’m writing this here for now and saving a bookmark), but.

Sometimes authors’ names will be displayed as both “A B” and “AB,” and they’re functionally the same in search. If you search an author or click the name, it’ll bring up all works credited to that author regardless of whether it’s got a space or not or whether the search had one or not. That’s great.

But they’re not functionally the same in series. There are series on here that are listed as being by “Various authors” despite those “various authors” just being “A B” and “AB,” a.ka. the same person, which is annoying, not to mention misleading. So it would be nice if they could be treated the same on series pages too, maybe just display it the way it’s formatted on the first volume. Or else authors could have a standardized name format for series pages, so even if it’s inconsistent within a series, the site still recognizes that they’re all by the same author instead of thinking they were written by different people.

6 Likes

Maybe a related old request? Bug: Author name handling not working

You could add this case to the ticket since it definitely seems related.

5 Likes

Thanks! I missed that while scrolling through the product requests category. I’ve appended it. (I coulda swore the space vs no space worked for me before though, and it woulda been after that was logged, but it definitely ain’t working right with Dazai. Odd.)

1 Like

You’re making me want to read it, just to rate/review it now… I stopped about 1/4 in a while back

I read the first few chapters and it’s cute so far. I’ll probably buy the next two since I think they’re on sale, just wanted to try the first before buying more.

1 Like

Then I’ll leave the rating/reviewing to you :wink:

1 Like

Issues with our servers report!

6 Likes

I’m still seeing server issues but I can see from the global feed other people are updating their book pages just fine. Maybe it’s just this book, or it’s my account? I’ll test it in a bit.

/edit i figured it out - that specific book had 0 pages set, so i couldn’t set it as a percentage. Probably could use a better error message for that eventuality

3 Likes

Got another security warning trying to click into a link for a book I added from the email

https://email.mg.learnnatively.com/c/eJx[cut for length] was the URL

9 Likes

My antivirus keeps flagging both the actual site and the forums as phishing. Happens on both Chrome and Firefox, it’s been happening for the last week I think?

Edit: I wonder if this is related to the security warning cat got?

4 Likes

I also got this same error a few days ago (11/29 or 11/30 I think). Same scenario

4 Likes

Probably not related. SSL Error is a server config or expired cert sorta thing. Not the sorta thing that gets you accidentally on phishing watchlists afaict

4 Likes

In this case the SSL error is because the SSL cert is for mailgun.org and isn’t valid for the email.mg.learnnatively.com URL – i.e. the mailgun tracking links aren’t set up correctly. (I know nothing about mailgun but found a forum thread suggesting that trying to do this with a four level domain name doesn’t work and it has to be three level for the SSL certs to work.)

I guess it’s possible this could feed into a “maybe this is phishing” heuristic if enough other users of the antivirus plugin are following links in email and the antivirus notes the correlation of the domain and the SSL cert mismatch and decides the domain is therefore suspicious. But it could also be pure coincidence.

6 Likes

@cat @pm215 thanks for noting the mailgun issue again and for @pm215 investigating! I’ve opened a support ticket with them to get that resolved.

@meagstudies that’s very concerning! :frowning: Like @pm215 noted, I think the email issue is separate… what’s your antivirus? Is there someway to report a false positive?

9 Likes

@cat @pm215 I think i’ve resolved the issue (I’ve stopped click tracking through mailgun, so the email links should be simply links to https://learnnatively.com now).

If you encounter that issue again let me know.

5 Likes