Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

I’m pretty sure that’s an IMDB problem, the runtime doesn’t seem to be on there either (at least not that I could find).

Sure, but on the other hand, you can input Total Pages for books on here, when it’s missing. Don’t see why videos should be different in that regard.

1 Like

Is this happening to you a lot? :sweat_smile:

We approve daily (outside annual vacations), so this should be a pretty exceptional case.

I do agree that if it does occur, it’d be pretty unintuitive, but really shouldn’t be happening often.

The case you laid out was not a glitch.

2 Likes

It’d be lovely if you could submit feedback to update the runtime for everyone.

There’s not really a legitimate use case for personal runtimes, unlike books with editions, but you’re right that I should allow you to update the runtime… especially if it’s blank!

Of course the most ideal would be to update TMDB for everyone, but that’s also a pain.

For now I recommend using the feedback. Potentially logging a product request too for a more streamlined process if you’re inclined. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

If you’re inclined, it’d be really lovely to have a bug report filed for this. I think the few errors we’re seeing with regards to activity generation is due to my ‘fix’ for not producing activities on adding a custom tag to an item .

No there is not. I’m not entirely sure I understand what you mean though - again, I would direct you to a product request :laughing:

Yeah that’s true. A toggle on the episode section would be the best :thinking:

3 Likes

Small Product Update

Book blurbs has launched! And i’ve got a new discussion thread purely for book blurbs.

Lots to discuss i’m sure. I haven’t backfilled anything yet and I’m generally unsure of the UI & product flow in a few cases, but I felt that it’s better to get it in your hands and we’ll iterate on it together.

10 Likes

How is a Blu-ray/DVD with editions different than a book with editions?

Edit: I guess I could watch sessions to reflect the longer playtimes, especially since I might rewatch the content with different audio tracks (commentaries and such)… But still wondering what the difference is exactly

Ok, I sent the feedback request, and will probably submit a product request at some point

1 Like

Hmm, I guess that’s true. You’re watching like a ‘director’s cut’ or something?

My initial assumption was that it’s a rare enough case that it wasn’t worth adding the complication… but perhaps that’s an issue worth discussing.

Ahhh sry, so it looks like I misunderstood something. I thought this was a special edition, but instead it seems to be a “limited release” sorta thing.

Besides that, it’s 3 discs… Disc 1 is 117 min, but also has separate audio tracks with voice actors, and director’s commentaries. In this case, it makes sense to just have the normal runtime, and if I watch the commentaries, I can add that through watch sessions.

I’m not sure how common it is to have a special edition or director’s cut type thing for JP releases… maybe others can chime in there

Sorry for the confusion!!

It happened to me like already 7-8 times.

Maybe I just have extremely bad timing :sweat_smile:.

Would be too hard to add a PENDING tag/icon somewhere?

3 Likes

The language icons on my profile are buggy. I’m pretty sure it’s due to the blurbs launching, because it worked perfectly fine a couple hours right before that (or it’s just a coincidence :woman_shrugging:).

2 Likes

Good catch! All fixed now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the + grade extra button for several videos and books.

I have used this feature many times before, and it worked just the way it is described on the Our Grading System page.

The way it should work

But now whenever I click on it it says that I have no more gradings left.

When I go back to the video/book page it still says I can grade extra.
This behaviour is the same for all entries that show the + grade extra button as far as I can tell.
Is this a bug? Even if it’s not, it still should be fixed because it is quite annoying to click on the button for nothing.

The start of the problem

This problem surfaced after I deleted one of my gradings for モノノ怪 S1 | L32 because I realised I misgraded it the first time. The + grade extra button appeared on the anime page as I had graded it more times than 6. Upon clicking on it, the previously described problem occured. I don’t know if this has anything to do with the issue, since I experienced the same with many other entries as well, but I thought I’d include it as it might be relevant.

6 Likes

Edit: suddenly worked, despite still getting the error. :melting_face:

Keep running into this whenever I try to make changes to my lists. Just trying to set one to semi-private. :face_holding_back_tears:

and even if it does “save”, the list remains public. :melting_face:

読んでみたいシリーズ | Japanese list by Biblio | Natively

5 Likes

It would be great if the grading didn’t ask me to compare the LN I just read with Manga I read over a year ago :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

So, I found your error in my logs and fixed it. Hopefully you don’t see those things anymore! Please let me know if you do.

It absolutely does look like a bug. Would you mind filing a bug report in the Product Requests category? It makes tracking these things a lot easier.

:sweat_smile: That’s somewhat surprising. Now, the grading prompter doesn’t take into account when you read something (perhaps it should!), but it does prioritize prompting you to compare against like things (LN - LN, manga - manga).

Was the LN a really low level? We only consider things within +/- 5 levels of the item for comparisons, so if you only have manga around the lvl of the LN, then we may end up showing you that comparison.

6 Likes

Yes, it was in the usual range for grading. Might be fuzzy because I was the first to grade.
It’s more that I improved so much since a year ago that while I still know how hard it was for me back then it probably would be way easier now, but I can’t be sure without rereading.
Skipping the rating just prompted for more Manga till it asked for some that are probably easier which I ended up comparing against.

2 Likes

that would be great, if it could be easily implemented. I end up just forcing the “do not grade against” on a lot of stuff, instead.

10 Likes

Yes, me too – I’ve asked about making the grading favour more recently read stuff before. There’s no way I can grade something I read a decade ago more precisely than “author X is generally fairly easy/difficult”…

7 Likes

I have the same problem with books from as recently as 2 years ago. I’ve gotten better since then, and since I can only judge by the subjective difficulty I felt when reading a book (which is heavily dependent on my own Japanese level) how can I even start comparing books that felt difficult then with books that feel difficult now?

Should we maybe make a product request or is there one already? :thinking:

9 Likes