Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

When I added volume two, I mentioned in the notes that it belonged to a series, with a link to volume one, then I got an email saying something of the effect of “we were unable to find a series page; please send the link”, but there’s indeed no series page on amazon. I’ll send a feedback on the first volume, then!

Edit: sent!

4 Likes

This is still happening, even when you are updating something else than time (like Session Date)

6 Likes

Any news on that front, by the way?

1 Like

Yeah i see you request, just haven’t gotten to it, along with a few others. :sweat_smile:

Just been plowing through some video game & web book stuff this week, so have missed doing some daily tasks.

@Megumin thanks for the note. I did think I fixed that… i guess not

7 Likes

I’m getting a blank screen when I try to use the feedback button on an item page. :thinking:

1 Like

Oh forgot to say, this should be fixed.

4 Likes

Small Product Update

Big infrastructure overhaul happening right now, so you may see some newly broken functionality. Report here! - 👷 🚧 Infrastructure Overhaul! Report newly broken functionality here! 🔥 🚒

And with that, i’m off to fix that broken loading styling for book pages…

9 Likes

@brandon This was happening before, so I’ll put it here instead of the infrastructure post, I just felt something was weird but I couldn’t really put my finger in what it was in the user lists page.

2 Likes

Heh, yes you’ve found me out!

I looked at the lists with the same width, but it could only fit 3 items to a row and looked quite sad… so I decided to expand it, idk.

1 Like

In the settings page it also happens and I don’t think it’s really needed there?

2 Likes

Update: Pretty sure it’s related to https://learnnatively.com/book/8a85c20043/ and https://learnnatively.com/book/7b3f754883/ - whatever status(es) they’re under are the ones that have the issue

Getting a issue with our servers error on https://learnnatively.com/user/akatsukinoluna/jpn/books/ on the default & reading & finished tabs. I’m guessing it’s b/c 永年雇用は可能でしょうか(1) 異世界ヒロインファンタジー | L24?? (added today) didn’t have a page count… though I’ve since set one, and it’s still giving the error.

1 Like

Good catch! Fixed.

It actually was an issue with my caching function… so only new books were hitting the issue you’re right. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Question: why do a lot of series say “Various Authors” when they’re often from just one author? (I was looking at Dragon Ball today, because of the news, and it doesn’t seem… right). Is the auto-pull from Amazon ingesting things like publisher credits or something?

7 Likes

In this case it’s because of a data issue I’ve seen before with other series. Amazon isn’t always consistent about whether it puts spaces between Japanese author first name and surname, and Natively doesn’t do any filtering to put them into a canonical form. So the “various authors” are 鳥山明 and 鳥山 明…

You can file a feedback note on the book/series to get it made consistent, but that only deals with the one instance of the problem.

6 Likes

For resyncing a series from Amazon, is it better to wait until the new volume is out of “preorder” state and immediately purchasable, or does it not matter?

1 Like

If the series already exists and is only missing the newest volume on Natively, I’ve been re-syncing only when that newest volume has a cover. If the Natively series is missing multiple volumes, I’ll re-sync regardless of of the latest volume has a cover or not on Amazon.

I should probably wait until the newest book out off preorder, but I figured it wouldn’t matter too much, especially if people are only occasionally checking series for new stuff they haven’t read yet.

3 Likes

Good point about the cover. The other thing I thought of was whether if the book is in preorder on amazon but not yet at all the other providers, I don’t know whether the system would go back and try again later to populate the other where-to-find links. But I suppose publishers probably provide the preorder data everywhere at once.

4 Likes

FWIW, all non-logged in users who interacted with the book pages in the last hour or so, did not have a good time :melting_face:.

This is now fixed!

This infrastructure overhaul is harder than I thought. What else is new…

8 Likes

I don’t know if this is a new bug or not, but the ratings for the manga in my favorites list on my profile are completely out of whack. I’m seeing 4 stars when I would expect 5 and vice versa. How are series ratings computed since we can’t rate series yet?

1 Like

It’s just showing the rating for volume/season 1 iirc