Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

Is there a backend flag for ‘has furigana’? Feel like that could be a useful marker.

2 Likes

I know it takes some time. If there’s anyway I could make it easier, let me know! Hopefully as the site gets more filled out, you have to do it less.

I really hope this isn’t a common issue, but if you could hit the ‘give feedback’ button on the tv season page, that’d be great! I’m not sure i’d be able to fix it right away, but it’s good to know.

If it’s simply wrt how the seasons are broken up, yeah, that is a pretty high priority fix. Will still rely on those feedback report though.

It’s actually based off the ‘Where to Find’ urls. If you submit a source which ‘has Furigana’ then the book gets tagged with Furigana and a green ‘F’ appears. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this update is so good

4 Likes

First to get a Popular Link badge! :yum:

I don’t really hunt for badges but this notification caught my eye.

5 Likes

Please. We all know you made that E-reader app just so you could get that link badge.

I agree :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

I searched around a bit and couldn’t find info about it. Are the gradings done through the grade extra button different than the one that show up in the dashboard? Is there no point in doing them?

1 Like

When you press the grade extra button, you should see this:

Extra Grading: These grades don’t currently count towards difficulty ratings, but eventually we’ll figure out a way to incorporate them, so we appreciate it! For more information, see here.

5 Likes

Oops, looks like I always overlooked that. Thanks!

How can I change my profile summary on the forums (i.e. delete everything)? I have the syncing disabled in the Natively settings, but it looks like the summary is stuck from a previous version of the summary from Natively.

On a related note, can you make the “Natively Profile” link in the user card honor this setting?

1 Like

So, I only spent a minute or two looking at this but it seems that current system is a little flawed, as you can’t edit your forum bio in the discourse preferences if I have the discourse_connect_overrides_bio Discourse setting turned on. I need that turned on otherwise I can’t update any users bio if they already have an existing forum bio… see here:

• bio will become the contents of the user’s bio if the user is new, their bio is empty or SiteSetting.discourse_connect_overrides_bio is set.

So, that Natively preference to sync your forum & Discourse profile doesn’t make that much sense.

You could however hack it. First turn the Natively sync setting back on. Delete your Natively about me and save it. Turn sync setting off. Paste back in your about me and save.

As for the external links setting, I’m not seeing an immediate way to sync that. This will require a little querying in the Discourse Meta forums… so I’d recommend just opening a product request for the time being.

2 Likes

@brandon one of my gradings seems to be bugged :cold_sweat:
I keep getting asked to compare 転生したらスライムだった件 1 | L35 to カラフル | L30, but no matter what comparison I make, it doesn’t go away :thinking:
(Wasn’t sure whether to make a bug report or post in audio visual, so the obvious solution is doing neither :see_no_evil: )

1 Like

Well, I just tried it as you and it seemed to work. I’ve deleted my grading though so it’s back :sweat_smile:

Out of curiosity, what browser & device are you on?

1 Like

Tried again on Safari on MacOS and it didn’t work, but on iOS it did… :thinking:
After clearing my cache it worked there as well :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Safari on OSX has been giving me fits lately (like it always does), so it figures.

Thanks for the note, will investigate.

I added everything I watched last year and could find on the tmdb site to natively. There were only I think four or so movies and tv series I couldn’t find on tmdb. Now I have around 400 gradings to do, that will probably take forever.

The site is getting better and better now we just need visual novels and video games added to the site.

7 Likes

Excellent! :slight_smile:

If you wouldn’t mind sharing, I’d love to know what you couldn’t find. I haven’t encountered things I couldn’t find so I’m curious. Obviously we could always add to TMDB if we wanted too.

1 Like

How do you handle inconsistent author names from Amazon? Amazon is really inconsistent about spaces between first and last names, which unfortunately leads to some quirks on Natively. For example, “various authors” where the various authors are “志村 貴子” and “志村貴子”. :sweat_smile:

In this case, the version with the spaces is far more common on Natively for her works, so adding the space to volumes 5-8 of 青い花 would probably make the most sense. But do you have a general way of handling this?

5 Likes

I just always fix them to be spaces when I find them, but it’s not easily automated… as you can’t always split 4 char names into 2 and 2 for instance.

It’s unfortunate.

Edit: Certainly open to ideas. If there’s a database of names which would allow me to split names apart with good accuracy, i’m all ears…

3 Likes

That’s an odd typo right there, but I’m sure you meant to say Audiobook support :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

And here I want to add Korean, which basically no one else here wants :joy:

I don’t think i’ve noted this in this thread, but yeah for all you others looking for other media forms to be added, the current list would be, in no particular order:

• Audiobook support
  • Podcasts
  • VNs & Videogames
  • YouTube

All have their own pros & cons and none will probably be implemented very soon (outside maybe a limited audiobook feature). But that is the dream :pleading_face:

We have a long way to go though to enhance the current feature set for the current item types… and we’d discuss it a lot before any one of them happened.

5 Likes