Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

So I had a question for you @brandon: let’s say I start book A in January, read 30 pages, record it, then put the book down until May. I want to start the book over from the beginning, but preferably I’d like to keep the fact that I did 30 pages of reading in January noted in the system. Is that possible with the current setup? If I set the pages read from 30 → 0, then back to 30 after I start reading again, does Natively still know about those original 30 pages?

1 Like

While that 30 pages will no longer be counted towards your stats (we do not double count) , we do maintain that ‘reading session’ in storage. Even if you were to delete that reading session (say in the new data manager i’m working on), we still have multiple ways to get at the information… we store a log of every update you do to a book in your library and we keep every activity generated, even if deleted (except in the case of a user account deletion). All of which would allow us to reconstruct past sessions.

So, your data does have a lot of redundancy if that’s what you’re worried about. If you’re more wondering about if you could access obsolete data once I implement rereads, yes you could. Although if it’s the latter, I would recommend not deleting the obsolete session once the data manager rolls out, simply for ease of use for everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotcha; thanks for the breakdown!

1 Like

I regularly skip OP/EDs fwiw, which shaves about 3 min off. I assume I’m not the only one so that’s another potential use case. Not sure I care about being that specific, but it is the difference between 3,100 and 2,800 minutes watched (or 31k vs 28k) over time

1 Like

I’ve updated the Basic Info form:

Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 10.49.49 AM

Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 10.49.29 AM

By default, you start in the full episode view. Let me know if that solves it for you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But if it takes you 5 seconds to fix your data per episode by customizing the minutes watched, then after 300 episodes tracked you could have watched one whole extra episode. That’s study time wasted!

/s

4 Likes

Can’t edit a movie set to Wish List.

In case you’re wondering, I changed my mind on using the Owned list as a way to track availability and decided to use Wish List for everything with custom lists to indicate how to watch it. But I can’t set the custom lists on movies because of this bug. :frowning:

Also, how are custom lists ordered? Since there’s no way to order them manually I’d expect them to be alphabetical, but mine just flipped order for no apparent reason…

3 Likes

Fixed. And good to know about moving from owned → wish list. Hopefully I will be removing ‘Owned’ from the statuses this week.

It should be ordered by creation time. However, I know I should allow you to be able to specify your own ordering, haven’t implemented yet.

3 Likes

That doesn’t track with the order changing. :laughing: Can you at least make it alphabetical until you add a reorder option?

2 Likes

Thanks, now everything has been removed from my Owned list. When you get a chance you should really stop displaying empty lists. I remember you mentioning that you display the list if it’s ever had an entry, which is suuuper weird. :joy:

1 Like

I think that makes sense… granted if the title’s in japanese ordering will be a bit useless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s true! Guess you have more motivation to implement reordering then. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Another small bug. Says “book” for a TV season.

1 Like

It seems that when I press the new “+” button for episodes, the watched episode does no longer appear in the series’ activity list.

E.g.: ノワール S1 has no entries for episodes 24-26, just an “finished” at the end.

I’m sad to hear that. What’s going to happen to the books that have that status? I guess I’ll have use Wish List for future books I purchase, and then make a custom list to track what I own?

2 Likes

Just took a look at the new Data Manager btw - love it!!

1 Like

brandon can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe removing the Owned status will only apply to movies/TV.

1 Like

Yeah, only TV/movies.

3 Likes

Sorry, yes only tv/movies, should’ve specified!

Yay! You’re right it is live and I will be announcing it today. Just haven’t got it popping up in all the places I want it to yet (like editing icon on reading session activities… where you edited those reading sessions before). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoa, I gotta check it out! :open_mouth: Didn’t realize it was already out.

Oh, and I meant to ask, @brandon or anyone else who might know: do you know how often JustWatch updates their db of providers? I was looking for a movie on Netflix Japan, since JustWatch said they should have it, but it looks like Netflix’s license for that movie lapsed at some point in the past. It’s really handy to have one place to look for providers, but if that list is only sometimes accurate, it ends up being pretty frustrating.

1 Like