Recs for a cat lover

thank you for your well wishes!

i’ll keep the books in the list for when i am better able to deal with it <3

1 Like

sounds like it’s right up my alley! thank you very much :hugs:

1 Like

Hi, Sienne, my beloved :joy: :heart:

1 Like

hiii shay!!! your suggestion to post here was spot on <3 i got lots of books to read!!! :star_struck:

1 Like

I think somebody posted a link in another thread about where to access some resources regarding Natsume Soseki…I can’t figure out how to link threads in messages is that even possible to link threads in messages? im so new to discourse @brandon

lol we’re gonna have so many cat book club suggestions :joy: i’m looking forward to it. I honestly think that おじさまと猫 1 | L19 might win next time if suggested again :joy: Unless, of course, :eyes: you find a novel/light novel/children’s book about cats that you want to suggest instead :imp: Lith is gonna kill me, but she’s not here rn so i can’t get caught

1. You can either go to the thread and click the link icon
    Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 10.45.12 PM
  2. You can click the link icon in your reply box and type the thread name in the url box… it should come up as an option. For example, type ‘neat resource’ in the url box… and you get the thread:

Neat Resource Websites

4 Likes

thank you! this is FANCY–amazing…I should learn how to code lol.

well i have been promised a cat book some time, i’m gonna cash in on that!!! and this one seems like an easier manga, so it would be good for the N4 folks in the server who might wish to participate

The forum is all open source software (discourse) and the product of many, many developers. It is very fancy… and a lot of work :slight_smile:

Edit: This software is also used by many sites (bunpro, wanikani, just to name a few), so learning how to use discourse forums is quite a nice skill.

3 Likes

:joy: we’ve been caught! I’ll make sure to keep this manga in the suggestions for the next round lol.

1 Like

Martian cats!

4 Likes

From a fellow cat lover:

That’s what I’ve been able to read so far, but there are many more cat books out there. Japan really likes books about cats.

4 Likes

thank you, these all seem very interesting! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Ha! For my namesake I don’t actually read too many things about cats. I agree with the assessment of 世界から猫が消えたなら not being a good choice if you want a happy read. The only cat related reading I can think of which hasn’t been mentioned here yet (愛撫, an Aozora short story) I would strongly not recommend having just reread it now. :sweat_smile:

Currently reading 海辺のカフカ with a WK book club and one chapter was quite cat focused, but I have no idea if that will happen again.

3 Likes

thanks for letting me know, i will check it out!

2 Likes

Just a note incase it’s something that bothers you (or anyone else reading this thread) - there is some light sexual content so far. I don’t know how far that will go having not finished the book but it seems like something Murakami is known for.

4 Likes

Since you mentioned 猫暮らしのゲーマーさん 1 | L19 , I thought you’d also mention 100万回生きたねこ 講談社の創作絵本 | L15, since you speak quite highly of it. I haven’t actually read it myself, though, but it’s high up on my to-read list.

2 Likes

100万回生きたねこ is indeed a very good book – however OP said they didn’t want any sad books, and that is definitely not a happy book. (It is also a children’s picture book, and it sounds like OP can read more challenging material.)

2 Likes

Ah, right. I didn’t realise it was a sad book. OP said they didn’t mind a light read, though, so I figured children’s books would be okay assuming the story is good, or the entertainment value high.

3 Likes

On the one hand, I can confirm that it’s a sad book (I did cry reading it; that being said I tend to cry for whatever).
On the other hand, I loved it and I thought it’s a great children’s book. It is worth a read, especially if someone can rent it from the library (for those in Japan, I guess)

4 Likes