アステリズムに花束を 百合SFアンソロジー Home Thread

Oof, chapter 5 was a really difficult read, I think I managed to understand it but wow was that a jump in difficulty!

3 Likes

I didn’t realize that the schedule explicitly stated that this week was starting from the next part. It made sense to read 23 last week indeed :sweat_smile:

About this week…. it’s a bit much? Why is everything blood powered, including the freaking organ? How does it even work?? Even if primordial blood can work as a power source… just plug it in like we do with electricity. You do have pipes, based on previous context.
Also, I found it hilarious that
青子 is freaking out about 真朱 not wanting to drink her up. “Do I not look tasty enough?!?”
Not sure if that’s the emotion the author was going for, but at least it made it a bit less dull.

3 Likes

and I didn’t realize that’s where the misunderstanding stem from :sweat_smile: :rofl:

fixed to “from… to…”, it is too late for you since you realized on your own but hopefully it’ll help anyone else that might have misunderstood :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I think I’m going to drop this book unless the later stories are actually good. I keep putting off reading it because it’s really not been at all what I expected. :confused: Feel kind of bad since I nominated it, but this book feels like a bait and switch :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

dont worry about it!! I think everyone here understands why it’s a “bait and switch” lol plus the level is much more difficult then I personally expected :sweat_smile:

it’s a good opportunity to do a role call as well since we’re not doing the weekly thing so thanks for the reminder :wink:

5 Likes

Catchup Matchup poll!
Are you still reading with us? :grinning:

• yes, and completely on schedule ᕙ(⌐■_■)
  • yes, but at my own pace (=ˊ͈ ꒳ ˋ͈)
  • no, I stopped/will be reading at another time (。•́︿•̀。)
0 voters
3 Likes

Okay it went beyond hilarious and into insane territory. I don’t even feel like commenting about it. I may just keep reading because that’s technically a cliffhanger but I just want to be done with it anyway.

That’s two (three?) stories in a row with weird characters…

3 Likes

Fell off my reading over the holidays so I’m in book club catch up mode now. Finished story 4.

Week 5-6 spoilers

I thought the overall concept was interesting with the mix of more supernatural stuff with the sci-fi aspects, but I’m not really sure how I feel about the story overall. Some parts were a pretty uncomfortable read (mostly the hand part :grimacing:). Also trying to understand all of the system talks and free energy stuff hurt my brain. Don’t know if I read their relationship as romantic, it seems like between them there was mostly obsession and some weird kind of codependency rather than feelings of love. I didn’t hate it but I didn’t really like it either.

4 Likes

Finally done with that story.
I see that the dates are relevant. September 1st 1923 was when the 大震災 happened in Tokyo, destroying a large part of the city and killing an large number of people (could look it up, but I’m too lazy)

Anyway. That was a thing. Hopefully the next story will be better.

2 Likes

Welllllll, the next story is the debut work of that author. Originally published in a doujinshi, technically, but according to the author’s twitter it’s the same story (cause he liked it best).
That doesn’t sound very promising…

2 Likes

Oh darn. :upside_down_face:

Happy to report that I’m also done with that last story, at least. We’re over a third through!

2 Likes

Finally finished chapter 5. To be honest, I’m not sure what to feel about the story… it was such a leap in difficulty to me, that I feel like I was barely able to follow half of it (and had to constantly look up several sentences in a page to make a bit of sense of what was going on). I probably missed on a lot of information, and definitely a lot of nuance and the feelings behind it, so I don’t feel like I’m in a position to really judge the story. I hope this author’s next story (and the following ones) won’t be so hard - especially since the first few stories felt at a good reading level for me. And they were honestly my favourite ones so far… I hope at least the next story catches my interest a bit more…

3 Likes

I think I was unclear, sorry :sweat_smile:
There’s only one story per author. By “that author” I meant the next author.

3 Likes
Chapter 6 (1st part)

I finished this week’s bit yesterday evening. I have to say that in the beginning, I was a bit hesitant and apprehensive of the story… when I saw the setting/background, I was worried it would be a sort of ‘misery lit’ where the characters would just suffer, but I was relieve actually that we went down the gifted-children direction (not the most creative SF element ever, but I did enjoy the relationship of Saraya with colours so far).

So far,as usual, not much Yuri/GL going on… perhaps a new character will be introduced next week? Hopefully we won’t go down a weird incest route, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if we have a power/age? unbalanced relationship between Saraya and Ekaterina… I’m not sure how much older she is, but I actually don’t dislike their ‘banter’ so far.

2 Likes

I have to point out that the entire vibe of this thread is just “wtf are we reading” and I love it :rofl:

6 Likes

Speaking of wtf, I had a look at the bookmeter reviews, since you put the link in the OP. A surprising amount of people liked 彼岸花 (the previous story). I don’t know if it’s a culture difference or something, but, what.

6 Likes

It’s interesting that, so far, there’s been very little BL/yuri in either book club’s current book. :thinking:

5 Likes

you might be on to a conspiracy here :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

I finished the current story a little bit early, so spoilers for all of of the 6th short story!

I thought it was relatively well written, my only real gripe is that it’s 95% tell. I liked it better than the last one at least! :joy:

As for the content, I’m not so happy. I’m not sure why all of these stories are so vague about the yuri… and also the SF, honestly. The only hint at actual SF (beyond the really quite fruitless testing but the comment the soldier left on the blackbox. That might as well have been wishful thinking.

I don’t know, but I’d really like a happy SF yuri at some point. :upside_down_face: Makes me wonder what motivated these people wanted to publish an anthology of vaguely yuri-ish sort of maybe sci-fi-adjascent stories to start with.

5 Likes
end of story 6 spoilers

I mean, at least this one was quite, well, clear about the yuri element. Sure, it was told indirectly, but at least we got confirmation that there was… girl on girl action going on at some time. Sofia’s reaction to it made me just sad though.

Incredibly melancholic story, but I really enjoyed it, actually. I wasn’t planning on finishing it this week, but after the escape and what happened to Saraya, I just had to know what happened. I guess a part of you just hopes she will suddenly wake up and have a happy end, but life’s just not like that, is it?

This part was just really sad for me though:
その後、彼女は通信で一方的に意味不明な単語を並べ立てた後、一転して静かな語調で「ありがとう、今度は手を離さないで……地球の色はわたしみたいかな?」と呟いてから通信が途絶えたという。
I wonder what was going through Ekaterina’s head at that time… how sad.

5 Likes