アステリズムに花束を 百合SFアンソロジー Home Thread

Soo… is the 19th set as the start date? I don’t care if it’s postponed a bit btw, just wanted to clear up my confusion since it says ‘should be’ in the OP. ^^

4 Likes

Yeayea
It’s just that I have a bit of a mess here so I wasn’t sure if something would pop up

2 Likes

Great, thanks! :slight_smile:

I’d say don’t worry too much about whatever’s left to clarify, I’m sure most of it’ll work itself out in the progress. :+1:

(Edit; I didn’t even consider that you might not be talking about the club rules and such. To clarify, that’s what I was referring to. :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Feel free to ask for help :slight_smile: It’s not uncommon for people to pop in and cover ‘shifts’ of a book club.

4 Likes

I’ll make sure to do that if needs arises, thank you so much :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

commenting to ping that I put up a timetable, let me know what you think!

6 Likes

just a reminder that today we start :smiling_face: (to some it’s already yesterday though lol)

6 Likes

2nd person narration! That’s fun.
So far, the story does remind me of (some parts of) 裏世界ピクニック.
In the end, not much going on, but somewhat of a cliffhanger this week.

5 Likes

I was quite surprised by the narration. I think this is only the second time I read a story like this. :slight_smile: I like the style though. I think the fact that it’s in 2nd person helps mitigate the long narration passage with no dialogue we’ve had so far.

6 Likes

I also like the narration! The story though is giving spooky vibes, it reminds me a LOT of a story in 秋の牢獄. I can’t help but think it’s all a dream, but given this is a SF book perhaps she slipped into a parallel world :thinking:

4 Likes

It also makes me think of The Langoliers by Stephen King. Especially since there’s no one else around and the food doesn’t go bad.

2 Likes

I finished the first story today. I don’t get how it’s SF, and I definitely don’t get how it’s yuri, but I enjoyed it. I also liked the narrative style, certainly much better than the only other second-person story I’ve read in Japanese lol (in おばちゃんたちのいるところ, though the story itself probably played a bigger part than the style with that one)

5 Likes

As others said, loving the narration style so far. I am curious to know what will happen next, will she find someone else? Some interaction/dialogue with another character would be nice

3 Likes

Would it be possible to add dates instead of just numbered weeks to the table too?

3 Likes

very well possible and done :+1:

6 Likes

I think you should the start date, not the end date. It’s a bit confusing :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Oopsie Daisey :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Same here. But I also enjoyed it! Very atmospheric. I suppose the Yuri lives in our imagination of how the story unfolds from here on. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I liked it too! Based on my experience with Japanese SF, I can see how it would be considered as such, but I can also see how it feels kinda light. The yuri element is even lighter; I guess it just implies that she will meet another woman? But that really relies on us having extra information.

The world breaking behind her gave me an even stronger “the Langoliers” feeling.

Other than that, not much to say except that I liked the style. I hope there’s another 裏世界ピクニック coming soon :crazy_face:
Next story is by the author of スライム倒して300年、知らないうちにレベルMAXになってました | L29 I never read that series, but I’ve heard of it. That’s two light novel authors in a row, though. :thinking: Not exactly the lineup I expected for an SF anthology.
(If I like the author’s style, though, I might put that series in my wishlist)

6 Likes

I finished the first story as well! No trouble seeing it being SF if we assume it’s not all a dream, but deeply confused by it being yuri. Doesn’t even feel like a romance, or even a friendship. Just…desperation for human connection due to solitude :thinking:

I quite enjoyed the writing style though, it was such a calming read despite what I suppose is an unhappy backdrop.

5 Likes