カードキャプターさくら - watch or read?

I didn’t know where to put this question since it’s about watching and reading. So for those of you who have watched or read カードキャプターさくら, which would you recommend? I heard the anime has extra content not in the manga, but that some people enjoyed that extra content (rather than it feeling like filler). But I also heard that the anime skips important details from time to time. I would have picked the anime for sure if it wasn’t so long, but 70 episodes is a bit long for me. Not that a 12 volume manga is short either!

3 Likes

Really, really tough call. I’ve read the manga and watched the show; they’re both good. I wouldn’t say there’s a significant enough difference in enjoyment or content between the two to make me decisively recommend one over the other. You can’t go wrong here, honestly.

If I were to do the whole series again as an adult, I’d pick the manga. More efficient storytelling and the art is peak CLAMP.

5 Likes

Nice to know both are good! The only experience I have with CLAMP is the anime adaption of Kobato, which I did enjoy. It’s true that the anime art does seem a bit rough, which I guess isn’t surprising given when it came out, but also good to know that the manga art is really good.

3 Likes