Week 1 of 🪑 告白 🙊

Was it explicitly said how her husband caught HIV?

2 Likes

I don’t think so. :thinking: It’s been a while for me though, I could be misremembering.

3 Likes

Read the first part over the weekend, it went by much faster than I expected. Might read some more tonight as I’m already invested in the story based on what just happened. First thoughts are that is challenging catching everything. Lots of names indeed, so I’m glad there’s a list of names to reference back to. I’ll probably forget them regularly as is part of the genre.

5 Likes

I started reading the book and it’s going very quickly. Thought I’d reached a good point to see some of the comments and turns out I read the full first section in one sitting. Nice. Time to reveal all the spoiler tags. :eyes:
But what a sad start. :sob:

5 Likes

I finished reading this section a couple of days ago but what out of town for Golden Week travels and didn’t have my Natively login saved to my phone so had to wait to share my first comment.

I was an ALT at a Japanese high school before and I always use that as a point of reference when I read Japanese books etc. about junior/high school haha.

No real spoilers but I’ll just cover all of my thoughts to be safe:

The first time I sat down to read I was getting a little confused, stopped for a bit, then came back and reread the first part and was fine. I should’ve just looked up 熱血先生 instead of assuming it was a new character with a weird name lol. The format of switching between the teacher and the students threw me off a bit at first but I got used to it in the reread. After that the reading went really smoothly and I finished most of it in one sitting.

I agree that I got the sense the teacher was making this speech to the students and specifically that this was an end of the school year speech.

4 Likes

If I remember correctly, I think it just said he got it during his time overseas.

1 Like

Please remember to use spoiler tags, even for the little spoilers :slight_smile:

Edit: thank you!

2 Likes