Week 1 of ๐Ÿช‘ ๅ‘Š็™ฝ ๐Ÿ™Š

Was it explicitly said how her husband caught HIV?

2 Likes

I donโ€™t think so. :thinking: Itโ€™s been a while for me though, I could be misremembering.

3 Likes

Read the first part over the weekend, it went by much faster than I expected. Might read some more tonight as Iโ€™m already invested in the story based on what just happened. First thoughts are that is challenging catching everything. Lots of names indeed, so Iโ€™m glad thereโ€™s a list of names to reference back to. Iโ€™ll probably forget them regularly as is part of the genre.

5 Likes

I started reading the book and itโ€™s going very quickly. Thought Iโ€™d reached a good point to see some of the comments and turns out I read the full first section in one sitting. Nice. Time to reveal all the spoiler tags. :eyes:
But what a sad start. :sob:

5 Likes

I finished reading this section a couple of days ago but what out of town for Golden Week travels and didnโ€™t have my Natively login saved to my phone so had to wait to share my first comment.

I was an ALT at a Japanese high school before and I always use that as a point of reference when I read Japanese books etc. about junior/high school haha.

No real spoilers but Iโ€™ll just cover all of my thoughts to be safe:

The first time I sat down to read I was getting a little confused, stopped for a bit, then came back and reread the first part and was fine. I shouldโ€™ve just looked up ็†ฑ่ก€ๅ…ˆ็”Ÿ instead of assuming it was a new character with a weird name lol. The format of switching between the teacher and the students threw me off a bit at first but I got used to it in the reread. After that the reading went really smoothly and I finished most of it in one sitting.

I agree that I got the sense the teacher was making this speech to the students and specifically that this was an end of the school year speech.

4 Likes

If I remember correctly, I think it just said he got it during his time overseas.

1 Like

Please remember to use spoiler tags, even for the little spoilers :slight_smile:

Edit: thank you!

2 Likes