Week 2 ๐Ÿฐ ไปŠๆ—ฅใ‹ใ‚‰ใƒž็Ž‹! ๐Ÿ‘‘ | BL Book Club ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘จ

Ah, I read it as along the lines of โ€œI canโ€™t say he looks intelligentโ€ rather than not being able to find the right words. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes
Japanese English Description
็„กๅ•้กŒ(ใƒขใ‚ฆใƒžใƒณใ‚ฟใ‚ค) Moumantai A 1999 Hong Kong-Japanese film, the title is Cantonese for โ€œno problemโ€
ๆพๅ‚ๅคง่ผ” Daisuke Matsuzaka A former professional baseball player (Seibu Lions), who famously said ใ€Œ่‡ชไฟกใŒ็ขบไฟกใซๅค‰ใ‚ใ‚Šใพใ—ใŸใ€ (ใ‚ฎใƒฅใƒณใ‚ฟใƒผ says the same)
ๅŸผ็Ž‰็œŒ Saitama Prefecture North of Tokyo, home to ๆœ‰ๅˆฉ and his favourite baseball team, the Seibu Lions.
ใƒใ‚ฏใ‚ทใƒงใƒณๅคง้ญ”็Ž‹ The Genie Family A 1969 anime about genies who must grant wishes when someone sneezes, hiccups, or yawns.

Some thoughts:

• I didnโ€™t realise Conrad was so young - the anime version makes him look much older than Yuuri, so I thought he was supposed to be about 30 :joy:
  • I wonder what the point of the ใ‚ณใƒณใƒฉใƒผใƒˆ/ใ‚ณใƒณใƒฉใƒƒใƒ‰ thing is - just to make it extra clear Yuuriโ€™s not in Kansas anymore?
  • Do the names of the characters in the new world have any significance? Or are they just random Germanic names?
  • Yuuriโ€™s comment about isekai being overused (20-odd years ago) - little did he knowโ€ฆ! :sweat_smile:
  • The first thing Yuuri notices about all the male characters is how handsome they are. :smirk:

ETA:

Added to the references, not sure itโ€™s the right one, though. :thinking:

Found another one! :laughing:

The number of Yuuriโ€™s favourite Seibu Lionโ€™s catcher, Itou Tsutomu, is 27.

(When heโ€™s mumbling about 27 being a good number.)

2 Likes

I think pretty random. At least, I have 0 association with any of them (other than that my brotherโ€™s second name is Konrad :sweat_smile:) and I have been through german-speaking education. If there was some cultural/historical relevance, I would have at least heard of something, I think. :thinking:

3 Likes