2024 Bingo Reading Challenge ☑️

Thank you. I added it but I’ve done it wrong. I have no idea how to get the correct link, or what the 6 character thing is supposed to be :frowning: please help, someone :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

You have to generate a card. Right now you are pointing to the preview.

When you are happy with the order of the boxes on the bingo card you selected, the link is on the bottom right corner:

Clicking on the six characters will copy the link to your clipboard making it like this:

https://bingobaker.com/#656316ce9abc5536

Also I moved your entry on the table to be sorted alphabetically.

3 Likes

Thank you!! I think I’ve done it right now :grin: (please let me know if otherwise)

1 Like

download (1)

7 Likes

Sounds fun héhéhé
Link

Also, I made myself an extended one :face_in_clouds:

10 Likes

Count me in too - probably won’t exactly do any of the challenges though I’ll stick to counting only novels and light novels for this I think:

#0d69c2

Adding a list here to keep track/plan

Something non-fiction
Random from 積読
Award-winning Book
Finished in a single day
積読'd Longest

This text will be hidden

Non-human protagonist

This text will be hidden

That can be read for free

This text will be hidden

Something with a bad cover

This one will be painful :pensive:

Author you have never read
Author's debut work
Higher Natively level than you've read
Book club pick
No reviews/gradings on Natively
That you added to Natively
Set in a workplace
Final book in a series

Obvious pick here is 月とライカと吸血姫 since I have one volume left. Holding out hope that they release the last audiobook. Alternative is 源氏物語

6 Likes

I’m planning to do the same, probably with the exception of “read a volume in a single day” which I would not know how to do with a novel :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I was going to try to do a novel with this one :sweat_smile:
I feel like I would need to dedicate a day to it though and have all my meals preprepared so that I don’t lose any time.
I’m such a slow reader :laughing:
My goal for next year is to drastically increase my reading speed!

2 Likes

Maybe we can crowd source relatively short (<200 pages) and easy novels? Or just super fun ones of around that length, even if not necessarily the easiest.

5 Likes

#844d76

I have a lot of projects I’m already working on, so I want to try to take this on as well while trying to overlap as much as possible. Due to my manga magazine project, I’ll be using mostly manga (I have one non-fiction book I’ve been meaning to read so thats going on the list!)

As you may have seen, I have one really weird square and no free space. Knowing that I am going to read a LOOOOTTTT of manga the next year already, I wanted to make the final square on my bingo board as difficult as possible. So, in order to get the final square finished, I have to do 14/21 of the TBR Selection Qualifier List. This way I can still get to Rank 4 in a reasonable way, but earning Rank 5 will be a huge challenge, doubling the total amount of books I have to read! Hopefully this won’t come to bite me in the ass later! Wish me luck!

Qualifier List Reproduced Here
  • Read the book you bought the earliest
  • Read the latest book you bought
  • Read the book published most recently
  • Read the book published earliest
  • Read the book with the shortest title
  • Read the book with the longest title
  • Read the book with the most colourful cover
  • Read the book with the simplest cover
  • Read a book with warm colours on the cover
  • Read a book with cool colours on the cover
  • Read the book with the darkest cover
  • Read the book with the lightest cover
  • Read a book by a male author
  • Read a book by a female author
  • Read the next book in a series you have started (if applicable)
  • Read a book that you don’t remember why you bought/what it’s about
  • Read the longest book in your pile
  • Read the shortest book in your pile
  • Read the easiest book in your pile
  • Read the hardest book in your pile
  • Start the book you hesitate to read the most
8 Likes

Oooh, I love that idea for a super hard 5th bingo! That’d a great idea for manga!

1 Like

ハンチバック | L29 is less than a 100 pages long.

推し、燃ゆ | L37 is less than 150 pages long. I read it in a single sitting-ish (I think I got distracted by real life stuff at some point, but went directly back to it).

11 Likes

おいしいごはんが食べられますように | L32 is ~160 and I read it in a day, admittedly it was the holidays and I had more free time than usual.

銀河鉄道の夜 | L32 is apparently only 74 pages and is on my list of classics to read.

4 Likes

Hmm, that sounds like an interesting candidate indeed :thinking: I recently read 100+ pages in a single day for the first time () but it took me the whole day. Maybe towards the end of the year?

That would indeed be interesting!

This usually means “not easy”, right? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It usually comes with other short stories, though. So if you count volume as 1 book, it’s out.

4 Likes

If the other story is also on aozora, it’s probably fine to do both.

3 Likes

I assume you mean if I bought a paperback? I planned to just read the Aozora version

1 Like

I read a free ebook copy which I believe is the same as the aozora version, and it was indeed by itself. (It was pretty awful, but at least it was short.)

2 Likes

#9d5e6d

I decided to go ahead and make a card for myself, but I’m not sure how actively I’ll search out books for this challenge. I’ll probably use no modifiers and just fill it out as I read normally throughout the year, and maybe use it if I can’t decide what to read next.

12 Likes

This looks so fun, I’m in!

10 Likes