少年ノート Informal Reading Club 🎵

少年ノート ーDays of Evanescenceー is an 8-volume manga series by 鎌谷かまたに悠希ゆうき about a middle school choir club.

Anyone may join at any time. General spoiler courtesy applies.

4 Likes

lmao this is the second Morning KC manga in a week that’s got a main character named 蒼井 (though the Aoi in VS.アゲイン isn’t the protagonist). …Both of them are also manga I went into completely blind, which is something I generally don’t do with Japanese books. But a seller I’d bought from before on eBay was having a sale so I was scrolling through to see if he had any cheap sets I was interested in and saw this, and, having been in choir myself for almost the entire time I was in school, of course I was going to get the school choir manga.

I’ve remembered why I prefer music anime over music manga though: I wanna hear it! I’m still enjoying it a lot though. And gosh but the art in this manga is so pretty.

It’s a little bit annoying that “bass” in Japanese is pronounced like the fish. I keep accidentally reading it as “bus” and then going, “What,” and then, “Oh, you mean bass.” Apparently it’s because it came into Japanese via German rather than English. It looks like the English ‘bass’ is a variant of ‘base’ (not the “foundation” ‘base’ but the “low; inferior” ‘base,’ though both came from Latin via Old French and then Middle English, just at different times), so I wonder if the German ‘bass’ is also Romantic in origin. But I digress. (I find language, etymology, etc. fascinating.)

1 Like

My heart breaks for Aoi </3 The way he’s sensitive to sound like that, I wonder if he’s some sort of neurodivergent. Maybe autistic? Dunno.

I keep getting Machiya and Takamine mixed up for some reason, despite their different hairstyles. Which is a problem because I like Machiya but I do not like Takamine.

1 Like