2024 Bingo Reading Challenge ☑️

I totally had missed that, thank you!

2 Likes

The link is personal. So, you can create a “central” link and everyone gets their own card, I think. But this particular link was my test card. :smiling_face:

I also just chose some colours I like, but it might not be for everyone. :sweat_smile:

You also get a card ID on the bottom corner, that verifies you haven’t manipulated the order to the one who created the bingo.

Clicking gives you the link to the specific card:

1 Like

I tried the new button, which gave me

Is it fine to keep it, or are we going to make cards at the start time?

Edit: I can probably do the right most column with a single book by finding something not on natively with a horrible cover and reading it in a single day. :joy:

WAIT, read for free, new author to me, book club and bad (yet amazing :horse_racing:) cover all fit 痴人の愛! (Assuming the book finishes after January)

EDIT: my modifier is to try to fill as many squares at once (so I can count multiple things). At the same time, I cannot use a book if it doesn’t match at least 3 squares (but those square may have been used already). Finally, I need to get a bingo with a single book, otherwise NO bingo counts.

7 Likes

You can keep it since you made it already, but no starting early! :eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

What’s New to you author?

edit: adding what I'm going through so far lmao

Bingo entries:

no reviews /gradings /ratings ―
for free ―
1 vol. in a single day ―
Non-human protagonist ―

bad cover ― ●合本版●S級剣士バルテラの弱点―異世界最強とうたわれた剣士は今日も前かがみ―
I found one and I hate it

from your TBR using a qualifier ― will adjust according to what I want to finish, I have so many TBR that I’m not worried about this, I will always have SOMETHING that fits

Finish a series ― will see what I read and what gets “completed” during the year
as of now some options from what I have/currently read: ブラックジャック/ヴォイニッチホテルー/ハピネス/図書室の怪談/最遊記RELOAD/最遊記外伝/金色のガッシュ!!/うしおととら/私立荒磯高等学校生徒会執行部/さんかれあ/未来日記/ブラッドラッド

New to you author ー にわにはににん

Participate in a Book Club ― 今日からマ王?! (since it starts in December it might overlap in majority during 2024? if not then there will probably be another book club I’ll be in lol)

added to Natively by you ― a BUNCH but thinking of 遠田おと短編集 にくをはぐ or .hack//bullet currently

Higher Natively level - オーバーロード

Debut work ― ブルターニュ花嫁異聞 (the only work I could find under this mangakas name so I assume it’s the debut?)

Non-fiction - 古事記/漢字の使い分け図鑑/アニメ好きサラリーマン/28歳からの おとめのカラダ大全/maybe continue to the second book from 猫の浮世絵/variety of マンガでわかる that I have lol

Longest on 積読 /TBR pile - BORUTO/キノの旅/GJ部/とらドラ! (first books I bought, all were bought on the same day, ironically enough I bought them thinking this is where I would start and ended up not touching them at all lmao)

Workplace setting - 氷属性男子とクールな同僚女子/白と黒~Black & White~(reread? read rest of 1st vol+2nd?)/あせとせっけん/波よ聞いてくれ

Award winner - ラブ★コン

edit: I'm thinking of trying to go for the only one type of media challenge, which will be manga so it's rather a bit unfair (since it's probably easier than books) but I honestly really want to give it a try, might redo with books if I do finish it like that

no reviews /gradings /ratings ―

for free ―

1 vol. in a single day ― will probably happen sometime during the year

Non-human protagonist ―

bad cover ― ●合本版●S級剣士バルテラの弱点―異世界最強とうたわれた剣士は今日も前かがみ―
I found one and I hate it

from your TBR using a qualifier ― will adjust according to what I want to finish, I have so many TBR that I’m not worried about this, I will always have SOMETHING that fits

Finish a series ― will see what I read and what gets “completed” during the year
as of now some options from what I have/currently read: ブラックジャック/ヴォイニッチホテルー/ハピネス/最遊記RELOAD/最遊記外伝/金色のガッシュ!!/うしおととら/私立荒磯高等学校生徒会執行部/さんかれあ/未来日記/ブラッドラッド

New to you author ー にわにはににん
is technically a graphic novel but I would guess it counts

Participate in a Book Club ― 女装してめんどくさい事になってるネクラとヤンキーの両片想い

added to Natively by you ― 遠田おと短編集 にくをはぐ

Higher Natively level - テルマエ・ロマエ I / 昭和元禄落語心中 1
I’m not sure about this one though, since technically they’re higher than other manga I’ve read but not higher than novels I’m reading/have read

Debut work ― ブルターニュ花嫁異聞 (the only work I could find under this mangakas name so I assume it’s the debut?)

Non-fiction - 28歳からの おとめのカラダ大全

Longest on 積読 /TBR pile - ウラカタ!

Workplace setting - 白と黒~Black & White~(reread? read rest of 1st vol+2nd?)/あせとせっけん

Award winner - ラブ★コン

edit2: noticed people doing 2023 bingo and I wanted in :laughing:

2 Likes

An author you never read before.

3 Likes

thank you!!

2 Likes

Yeah, I just shortened the prompts to something that made sense for me. but I put the prompts in my post

prompts I used

no reviews / gradings / ratings
added to Natively by you
Longest on 積読 / TBR pile
from your TBR using a qualifier
Debut work
New to you author
Award winner
Finish a series
Participate in a Book Club
Non-fiction
1 vol. in a single day
Non-human protagonist
Higher Natively level
for free
Workplace setting
bad cover

and it’s easy to re-do the board with different wordings/colours if someone prefers to. There is an option to post prompts as a list (1 entry per line) and the board gets generated with them.

3 Likes

Yeah I just did my own version with full prompts, just for fun.

This link will generate your card for you:
Play 2024 Natively Bingo Reading Challenge Online | BingoBaker

Here’s my unfilled card:

ref number: faf308

And here’s how it’s going:

6 Likes

regarding award works - does any award count or does it need to have a certain degree of “prestige”/“acknowledgement”?

I’m mainly thinking of examples like the differentiation between an overall award for nominations across magazines/publications and a local magazine award etc

3 Likes

For books to count, do we need to start them in 2024? Or is it ok if we finish a book we started this year?

4 Likes

Just my personal opinion but “you do you”. If someone holds back the last page of 5 books just so they get a bingo early, the only person they are really cheating is themselves, imo. Personally, it defeats the purpose of the bingo, but that’s an individual choice, imo.

For me personally, I would count anything where I read at least 50% in 2024.

13 Likes

Maybe we could put the prompt number on the card. That way you don’t have to second guess the meaning

4 Likes

Oh, I like that color scheme. :slight_smile:

details~

#0f74a1
#1 Free Bingo Card Generator - Play Online or Print Cards

Non human protag: 狼と香辛料 12 | L35 (Jan 6)

Manga Edition

#1 Free Bingo Card Generator - Play Online or Print Cards

Looking forward to crossing off those squares! :sparkles:

2023 bingo square

Finish a series: 神風怪盗ジャンヌ カラー版 (series) | L24 (5.7.23) (美しい彼 (series) | L30 except I can’t be sure it’s really finished)
Bad cover: パイナツプリン | L29 (10.5.23) (Not sure this qualifies, but the cover is amazing)
1 vol. in a day: NO. 6 〔ナンバーシックス〕#1 | L32 (25.4.23)
Non-human protag: 蜘蛛ですが、なにか? 1 | L33 (17.1.23)
New author: アイネクライネナハトムジーク | L30 (14.9.23)
Non-fiction: パイナツプリン | L29 (25.4.23)
Debut: わたしの幸せな結婚 | L30 (21.6.23)
Something free: 夢十夜 | L37 (24.7.23)
Added to Natively: 魔導の系譜 | L35 (1.2.23)
No reviews etc: 猫背の王子 | L35 (21.5.23)
Workplace setting: 羊と鋼の森 | L35 (30.6.23)
Award winner: https://learnnatively.com/book/7ab5587407/ (20.4.23)
Book club: レベル7 (セブン) | L29 (4.3.23)
積読 pile: freebie :wink:

Not happening this year unless we get a randomizer on here or standing in front of my bookshelf waiting for something to strike my fancy counts: book chosen randomly & highest natively level.

8 Likes

Shameless plug: the next LN club book will officially be starting on January 1, so for those who feel confident they can tackle a L34 off the bat, please join us for those sweet, sweet bingo squares.

7 Likes

so far so good, if I plan this well I can cover a bunch of TBR I have had for FOREVERRRRR :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is good stuff, this is good stuff
I need like
10 more bingos like this
maybe I need more then one card

Can I have multiple cards?

9 Likes

I don’t see any reason of why you couldn’t.

Sky is the limit :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

(a.k.a only if I even finish one lmao)

4 Likes

Once you finish the 4x4, you can make a 5x5 with rejected prompts as well.

7 Likes