2024 Bingo Reading Challenge ☑️

Prompt Suggestion: Read something has a different media adaption.

Similar: Read something with no other adaption.

9 Likes

Similar:

Prompt Suggestion: Read something that has won an award.

11 Likes

I don’t know if we’d want these, especially for the initial bingo, but just thoughts I am avoiding work, yes. Maybe they can inspire more prompt suggestions.

:fire: Challenge modifiers :fire:

• Take on the bingo challenge with only one type of book (manga, LN, novel, etc.)
  • Take on the bingo challenge reading only books from your backlog
  • Take on the bingo challenge without reading any books from your backlog (RIP your backlog :headstone: )
  • If any of the books you read has a different media adaption, also consume that media adaption
  • Read only books that no one else has (at the time) used for their challenge
  • No books you fill out the challenge with can be the same level
  • All books you read are either physical or digital; no mixing
  • Each book title/author read must start with a different syllable (e.g.: can’t read two books whose titles start with か)
  • (from @Mara) Bingo entries must abide by shiritori rules
    • Extra spicy: your final book title must end with ん
  • Fill your bingo card with books from just one genre
  • Don’t use your free space
  • (from @SophieShiori) Finish your bingo with as few books as possible (one book counting for multiple spaces)
    • (from @mita) Extra spicy: read a single book that qualifies for an entire bingo line
16 Likes

Prompt suggestion: Read the second volume of a series

9 Likes

Maybe you can add a title alongside “Regular” that the user can select? There is probably some functionality to tie titles to user groups. :thinking:

I can select nothing or Regular in my settings. :thinking:

5 Likes

:exploding_head: challenge modifier extremely hard level: book/work titles must proceed according to shiritori rules! :star_struck:

Edit: alternatively there could be a shiritori square on the board!

13 Likes

Oooh, that’s evil :open_mouth: Adding it to the list for posterity.

7 Likes

Thank you, thank you. * humble *

6 Likes

I think they are great suggestions for advanced readers who find the bingo too easy. :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Oooh, I love your end on ん idea!

4 Likes

Prompt suggestion: Read something with a food related title

11 Likes

So many awesome ideas! And I love the challenge modifiers! :fire: That’s a great way for people to adjust the difficulty if they want more of a challenge!

I realized that I forgot to set a deadline for when suggestion gathering ends. :woman_facepalming:t2: How do people feel about a week? Less? We already have a lot so :laughing:

10 Likes

Prompt Suggestion: read a book with a bad cover / read a book you bought or wanted to read despite the cover.

11 Likes

Would you consider doing a 5x5 grid if there are enough fun suggestions?

4 Likes

A week sounds good to me! I like the idea of voting for a more focused smaller bingo card, and if we choose to have a large version of the card then we can more easily accommodate the extra ideas.

8 Likes

Not opposed to that at all but I also don’t want to make the challenge too big or “hard” in case it turns into a pressure thing for people! I would say I could just put 4x4 vs 5x5 up for a vote along with all the choices? Then everyone can decide!

9 Likes

Prompt Suggestion: Read a book where at least one character speaks a dialect

10 Likes

Prompt suggestion: Read a book with only kanji in the title/no kanji in the title

11 Likes

You’re right, 4x4 is probably wiser :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Prompt suggestion: Read a book that takes place, at least partially, at a 神社⛩️

7 Likes