Adding activity for a book does not mark the corresponding day as 'read'

Description of your request or bug report:

I’d be neat if adding activity for a book on given dates (e.g. July 26-30, like in the screenshot) would mark the corresponding days as ‘days read’ automatically. The fact it all needs to be done manually means it’s easy to forget the odd day here and there. I’d have to go through my activity by hand periodically to see if it all matches up.

[From Brandon]
This behavior would be off by default, but could be toggled on in your user settings.

Trello link:

That’s on purpose, since people do not necessarily log their activity the day it happened.
At this point, though, I think it should be a toggle in the settings, @brandon, OR the decision should be made more explicit somewhere, otherwise people will keep asking for it :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

But when I log the activity, I log it for a particular date, right? So if I tell the website ‘I read page 3-11 on July 26th’, isn’t that the same as telling it ‘I read on July 26th’? What’s stopping it from marking July 26th as a ‘read’ day at that point?

I’m not asking for the day on which I entered the activity to be marked as read, but the day for which I entered the activity.

1 Like

The point I think is that some people don’t log the date correctly, they just fill the information and that’s about it.

Still, like @Naphthalene, I think it should be a setting to let you choose if you want that behaviour or not.

4 Likes

Ahh, I get it now. Yeah, in that case a setting might be better. Some people care about the dates and everything being just so, other people might care less. Would be nice to cater to both :grin:

6 Likes

Yep, all agreed on the toggle. I will update the request to specify a toggle.

10 Likes

Similarly, could video updates mark the day as ‘watched’?

3 Likes

Edit: As commented below, this is a duplicate of the following request, so go and vote for that one instead:

As the title says, it would be great if it automatically marked the Days Read/Days Watched calendar when you log reading/watching. I think this would help to maintain engagement, especially if combined with streak tracking (as per a separate feature request).

As I’m sure some people aren’t interested in this feature, I think a toggle in the settings for Days Read/Days Watched also would be useful.

I 100% agree with this. I would love for it to automatically do that, otherwise I never bother using the feature.

I think this is the same as this existing feature request:

so you might want to go and vote for that one.

1 Like

Ah, I guess I didn’t do as good of a job of searching as I should have before posting! Thanks for the link!

1 Like

Nice catch @pm215! Thanks for the request though @Malio :slight_smile:. Closing as duplicate.

1 Like

I merged the duplicate thread to transfer the votes and messages.

4 Likes