Advent Calendar 2022 Reading Challenge (叙述トリック短編集) 🎄 🔎

December 23

What was this あとがき! :rofl:
I read up to the asterisk so I have something to read tomorrow, so I’m technically not done yet, but what an absurd story that was! Giraffes as a murder weapon in Kodansha’s garden? A twelve year old writer prodigy? A killer bot protecting the premises?
It started so normally too, thank you for reading and so on, I most probably wouldn’t have bothered to read on if it weren’t for @SophieShiori insisting the あとがき was worth reading.

2 Likes

Everytime you mentioned the あとがき, this was me:

That あとがき was something, for sure… :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes it was a wild ride and I was concerned that everyone was going to miss one of the biggest tricks in the whole book in my opinion! I actually got a bit annoyed with it since I thought I could tick the book off as finished and then got taken on a wild ride… But fair play to the author! I doubt anyone sees where that afterword is heading :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

December 24

And done! It definitely was a fun read, and I love how the author doesn’t take himself all that seriously. That last part of the あとがき was definitely a good way to remember the author’s name! :joy:

Thank you @SophieShiori for inadvertently giving me the initial inspiration, and for insisting on reading the あとがき, and thanks @Belerith and @Biblio for reading along with me and keeping me company!

Have a lovely Christmas (or whatever day tomorrow is for you), everyone! :christmas_tree: :star2:

4 Likes

Happy Holidays. :christmas_tree: :gift: :bell: :star: :clinking_glasses:

[Christmas is today for me (we celebrate Christmas Eve).]

3 Likes

Happy Holidays~ :sparkles::christmas_tree: :star:

2 Likes