Allow decimals in % input

For us that suck at reading books and go very slow, and want to use the % input:

Trello link:

lol oh no. I guess I should allow this right. Approved.

@brandon Do you think this would be too hard to implement?

I want to keep an accurate record of reading, now the error changed from ā€œThis field is requiredā€ to ā€œEnter a whole numberā€

No, I donā€™t think itā€™d be too hard to implement. I know, for time spent thatā€™d probably be somewhat critical. Iā€™ll try to do sometime soon.

2 Likes

@Megumin after exploring this a bit more, I think this does pose one issue. If i start to allow decimal percents, I may end up with decimal page counts too. Would you be ok with me rounding to the nearest page for stats? Itā€™s easier if I keep everything as pages in the backend calculations, just save and present a decimal percent on the front end.

Keeping whole pages on the backend calculations means that you will lose some accuracy when it comes to reading speed / page count calculationsā€¦ but I do think its very minor.

Iā€™d also make the ā€˜percentā€™ handling sticky on a per book basis. Let me know what you think.

2 Likes

I would definitely appreciate this!

1 Like

Itā€™s what Iā€™m currently doing because itā€™s still more accurate than loosing 0.XX% in large books. Is not a big issue in smaller ones.

1 Like

alright, Iā€™ll do what iā€™m proposing then - Iā€™ll keep rounded page count but allow decimal percents.

Completed! :slight_smile:

1 Like