Audiovisual initial feedback and requests

I like these ideas! Thoughts re: point #1: I like the idea of an easy “click to add episode button”; only potential concern I can think of at the moment is that users may not realize it is a button they can click. Would it be too busy to make it look more like the update button in terms of stopping, i.e. add a border and a grey background? And/or have a little hover pop-up that says something like “add episode”?

Also, I wonder if the text in the main update box should be updated to say “I’ve finished the season” for TV shows specifically so as to be more clear what you’ve finished in the context of an episode vs. a season?

3 Likes

Very good, as I always ended up entering the series page because I found the popup to update it more confusing.

Will this record the time of the episode by default? Having the “Add time spent” makes you think it’s going to add it as watched without the actual time recorded. It’s a bit confusing.

1 Like

yeah, i really do think that would be too busy :confused:

For context, AniList has a similar plus sign for increasing episodes… i think it works well. Perhaps not everyone will know it’s a button, but i’d think > 80% would and there’s no down side to not knowing, you can still use the update mechanism.

I thought about that. I agree it could be a bit confusing. However, the more descriptive text I came up with (similar to yours) was too long. In the end, I think while it may be confusing the first time, I think once you click it you quickly realize how it works.

We’ll see. Definitely agree though that’s something i’m concerned about and certainly open to more thoughts… if we can get less wordy.

1 Like

So if the time gets added after you have set it as watched, I don’t find any way to update or make the time full. Episode 9 now says 25 minutes, but it remains 0 to me.

imagen

1 Like

Yes - I see what you mean about how that could be confusing, good point. I’m inclined to leave it and see if people really do have issues with it. I can always add a helper popup if it does end up being confusing.

Hmm noted. Well i’m playing in this space right now, so i’ll try to fix this for you in the next few days :slight_smile:

I think that makes sense. I still don’t understand what “time spent” is supposed to be? Like does that mean “I watched a 23 min episode, but spent 40 min on it, b/c I kept looking up and translating words/sentences?” If so, does that affect stats? (I don’t know that I’d use it either way, but still curious)

2 Likes

Does “Finished Season” / “Finished Ep.” work? Like you suggested, I think it’s a one-time confusion. Perhaps a tool tip would help catch some initial confused people

2 Likes

Yes that’s correct. It’s supposed to operate the same way as ‘time spent’ works for reading as well… which you can see on Megumin’s stat’s page (hope you don’t mind me sharing @Megumin). You get reading speed metrics as well as summaries of how much time reading you spent.

In addition, if Megumin goes to a particular book page he’s read, he can see his reading speed over the pages:

Right now, I haven’t implemented all those features for audiovisual, but there would be analogous things for audiovisual time keeping too.

Ideally, all of this should be explained on a FAQ page, which I really need to build :sweat_smile:

Perhaps that would be easiest.

1 Like

Ohhh I never realized!! That’s so cool

1 Like

Updates to tv progress tracking are now live! Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion - #960 by brandon

1 Like

Bug report for you @brandon: I set the movie 告白 | L30?? to Watched w/ no subs on the movie’s page, then clicked on the Edit button to record the start date:

When I click on the pencil icon to edit date started, I just get redirected to a blank Natively screen:

Edit: another one for you. I added a new episode watched via the + button on my dashboard, then went to the show’s page to manually add the start date.

I clicked the “Edit Detailed Watch Data” option, then flipped the dialog box to the Data Manager view. I then scrolled down to the latest episode and added a start date. That new start date doesn’t show in the Data Manager, however.

Looking at my episodes, none of these show a start date for some reason, except one (episode 14, the one right before the new episode I added).

1 Like

Btw, the video stats are not working for me at all right now. Everytime I try to load them it says “Issues with our servers”. It’s been like that for a few days or so now.

1 Like

Weird, it’s working for me. :thinking:

1 Like

Speaking of stats @brandon, I think hours watched would be far more useful than minutes watched.

2 Likes

Sorry @lunacodes ! I’ve been getting your error on my alerts… just haven’t gotten around to fixing it, busy weekend :slight_smile:

yeah, that’s probably right. Could probably just do a decimal any extra minutes, but hours watched feels much more useful.

3 Likes

Oh, no worries! please don’t feel rushed on my account. If I’d realized you were already getting alerts from it, I wouldn’t have mentioned it.

1 Like

@brandon There’s no way to filter recent activity (Books/Shows) in people’s profiles.

Should I open a ticket?

3 Likes

Yeah, a ticket would be great. I think we might want to close this thread in favor of simply having people ask questions in the open product discussion thread. We’re past the initial burst. Make sense to close?

5 Likes

The initial feedback and requests thread is now closed.

If you have any remaining feedback that has not been addressed, please create a request in the Product Requests category.

Alternatively you can also continue discussion in the Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion thread.

3 Likes