Audiovisual initial feedback and requests

In my case, I think it should have already been fully populated? Someone else had added it already, seems like that was a few days ago :thinking:

1 Like

@brandon

So I’m going through additions of my 800+ log entries I have since 2021.

1)

And one annoyance not sure if someone reported it already, is that to add one special, I have to add the whole season of specials, and set it as finished or stopped, which both is kinda untrue.

For example here I only watched what would be “Episode 6” which in reality is not even correctly placed there.

2) Edit entry with wrong titles:

3) Other wonky stuff:

I try to remove this from library, it switches to “Wish list” but when I reload it appears as “Finished” again.

3 Likes

4) I think this needs better sorting/design as it currently looks like a soup of text/data

2 Likes

新あたしンち exists twice:

1 Like

Having issues where the default sub setting isn’t saving and I have to set it every time I log in to JP with No Subs.

1 Like

Yep, thank you. I’ve started noticing that this morning, top priority right now.

I think it’s triggered only when you change the default ‘+’ action to ‘Finished’ or ‘Watched’ and then add stuff directly. Of course, that’s exactly when you want the default sub settings…

In any case, using the popup forms should submit the subs information. If you have any finished items without subs info then you won’t be able to grade.

1 Like

Thank you. I like you more than a friend!

1 Like

I’m flattered :melting_face:

AUDIOVISUAL UPDATE

• [Fixed]: ‘+ Finished’ button now submits your default subs information

You’ll now see little spiffy popups showcasing that something has been marked with subs or not if you just use the quick button. Let me know if those are too annoying.

For the people who were affected by this bug and marked items finished without subs information, I will be autoupdating your items emailing you about what’s been updated.

It looks like it only impacted 2 people.

1 Like

AUDIOVISUAL

• [Fixed] Make subs settings permanent through login/logout

I’ve simply made this a user preference in you account, so it is persistent now. You can still specify it in the little widget from ‘change default subs’.

However, I did not know your current setting. So, for populating this setting for users, I’ve set the default to the subs data of the last created finished item you added… assuming that was probably the best guess at your default.

If that wasn’t right… well, this change is why your subs setting wasn’t right. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The full in depth stats are separated but yeah, the overview / summary page probably could use a rethink

These temporary status issues seem to be somewhat common and I’m not entirely sure why. I also haven’t been able to replicate the @seanblue & @Naphthalene review → mark finished bug, but it may be connected.

I think this is the next bug to try and dig into, what’s going on here.

Interesting. I’ll mark it down as something to talk about.

I’m planning on adding the series title to all the season titles as well, not just seasons with the title ‘S1’… which is what I currently do. If the series title prepended those seasons, would they be right?

Yes it doesn :sweat_smile:

Oh wow! They are unique TMDB seasons, hmm. Not quite sure what to do with that rn. Will probably resolve later, have it marked down.

Outside of bugs, I may try to push out the double filter for genres (allowing toggling a genre to filter OUT content rather than filter IN), just because it’d be easy and I want it.

Season Overrides and Data syncing are the other big non bug things to do!

2 Likes

Yes

20char min req このテキストはぼかし表示されます

2 Likes

Related to that, it seems currently filtering for two genres at the same time will show media that is A or B. Having a way to search only for shows that are both A and B, e.g. Animation & Action, would be nice.
Certainly would need it to work that way for filtering out stuff :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I think it probably just makes sense to always do an ‘and’ filter, not an ‘or’.

An ‘or’ filter makes sense for book types & item types because things can never have multiple of those… but doesn’t make sense for genre tags. Or in the future, content tags.

It seems that’s also how AniList does it too.

2 Likes

No.

2 Likes

anime-mashiro

3 Likes

This might’ve been reported already, but for movies specifically, if I try to move them from Wish List → Owned in my Library, I see this error message:

Might be a temporary glitch, but I’m seeing this in user video libraries:

My dashboard and video search seem to work fine.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, let me take a look.

unfortunately, i’ve had to cave and reindex the entire video + book library search… which will probably take 30-60 mins. You’ll start to see things coming in, most recent additions first.

These search errors are at the point where I may need a new service to host my Elasticsearch, that can help me diagnose these errors. If anyone has recommendations, let me know :slight_smile:

Edit: the reindex finished, libraries are back to normal

1 Like

It might have been reported already but when grading switches from books to videos (i.e., I finished grading books and the system moves on to the videos I have left) I consistently get the following error message:

Once I click on “close”, the loading just ends and gives me more comparisons as expected.

2 Likes