👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club 🎓 BL University 📚

I remember way too well :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:
youtube did not used to censor when people started using it to share manga :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

BL’s power can’t be underestimated. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

:shushing_face:

1 Like

Naughty, naughty! :rofl:

1 Like

Nowadays I mostly go for fluff… and I prefer older protagonists… if it’s a fluffy romance, high schoolers are ok too… but please no smut if minors are involved… :face_holding_back_tears:

(If you guys haven’t watched 佐々木と宮野 yet, do. it’s cute. :face_holding_back_tears:)

4 Likes

I’ve seen that one bandied around; it’s quite popular now, right? What’s it about?

1 Like

A senpai falls in love with a fudanshi, but the fudanshi only wants to be friends. it’s really cute. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Miyano’s a fudanshi but not gay, and then he meets an upperclassman Sasaki who takes an interest in him, and Miyano starts lending him BL manga and they bond over that and fall in love. It’s super cute. I also adore the spin-off, 平野と鍵浦

(I still need to buy them tho. rn I only have the 平野と鍵浦 novel)

2 Likes

Oh, that does sound super cute! Thanks guys! If anyone’s looking for a nom for this club still…

Edit:

@bibliothecary :eye:

4 Likes

reminds me, I haven’t watched the final episode/ova yet. :scream: how could I forget?
Hurry Muppet GIF - Hurry Muppet Run GIFs

1 Like

You caught me! :rofl:

Need to go through and add all the titles mentioned to my wish list. My Mandarake cart will be overflowing with nostalgic manga! :heart_eyes:

Goodbye, money… :money_with_wings:

4 Likes

So close…

6 Likes

How could discourse do that to you? You have so much love to give…! :sob:

4 Likes

My love is still going strong. :rofl:

3 Likes

I saw that movie ages ago and was justing sitting there in :popcorn: horror pretty much the whole way through.

@enbyboiwonder iirc it was a lot of “rape them until they consent” stuff :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

An hour to go…

ezgif-1-f868b96648

4 Likes

another point for SasakiとMiyano: there is always at least 1 cat. :rofl:

2 Likes

I actually read one recently, コワモテ男子の弁当が美味い理由 | L23, that’s set in high school and follows the formula of PG stuff thru the penultimate chapter and then smut in the last… except the last chapter was a timeskip to when they’re in college and now adults! So that was a pleasant surprise

It turned kinda weird a few chapters in tho bc it introduced the kiddie anime that’s a fave of the kid sister of one of the MCs and spent more time on it than I felt strictly necessary since it used the show/its characters to like. advance and/or supplement character and relationship development, since the show’s MCs parallel the story’s MCs. Other than that, it was pretty sweet, so I’m still undecided whether I wanna keep it or sell it…

1 Like

Oh, okay, that’s gross. I’m avoiding that then. I will never understand why that even became a trope

related, got kinda long

Though it might be slightly better than ”portray rape as romantic, up until another character tries to rape the MC, then be totally hypocritical about it. It’s not rape when the LI does it bc ~true love~! And then have the LI say he likes making the MC’s voice go high bc he sounds like a child, and then compare the MC to a literal infant in the narrative. Because there’s only one thing sexier than rape!” I very much regret reading that one. It sounded cute from the summary, but the beginning gave me bad vibes and it just continued to get worse. From now on I’m avoiding BLs unless I can preview it. There was another one where you could tell from the summary it could potentially turn rapey (and then it was actually pretty fine, up until it wasn’t, but then it might have been okay again except for the fact that the epilogue reveals the younger party to still be a minor—a full 10 years younger than the older party, rather than also in his 20s like we’d been specifically led to believe—and you can’t even ignore the epilogue bc it’s the only thing that makes the ending okay! Or would, if it hadn’t also made it minor x adult-adult!), but this one’s gave zero indication

Oogh, I remember reading a manga in English once where one character specifically asked for his partner’s consent and acted like he would respect how far his partner does and doesn’t want to go, but then he ignored when he said “no” anyway bc he “couldn’t hold back anymore.” That’s not what “consent is sexy” means! It’s not just asking for it, ya gotta actually respect it!

3 Likes

well, there are people who think Killing Stalking is a romance… so there is that… :skull:

3 Likes