👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club 🎓 BL University 📚

It’s off to a good start. :rofl:

Burn GIF - Burn GIFs

Poll of all polls.

8 Likes

I was able to vote on my phone by zooming in on the dot so that I could click it more precisely!

6 Likes

Based on the current poll results regarding eliminations, the bottom 3 nominations and any ties will be cut for one voting cycle.

So along with the three-way tie for first place, there will be 7 slots available for fresh nominations.

…But it’ll probably be 6 months before we get through the winners and nominations open again! :joy:

6 Likes

Oh, you don’t open nominations as soon as slots are available? I understand not having a call for nominations, but just posting when there’s space sounds reasonable to me.

4 Likes

Reminder to self: Nominate 箱の中 | L32 when possible. :eye: :eye:

2 Likes

I thought there wouldn’t be much point in accepting new nominations until closer to the time, as:

• It will likely take around 6 months to read through the three winners from the previous vote, so people would be nominating titles they don’t plan to read in the next 6 months, which seems… a bit odd?
  • Available slots would likely fill up quickly, so we’d know all the titles we could vote on for months, and there wouldn’t be any surprises.
  • If the slots fill quickly, new users wouldn’t be able to submit their own nominations for several months.
  • When all the slots are filled, it follows that we could immediately vote on what to read next, even if we don’t expect to read it for several months, because what would be the point of waiting if all the slots are full? It would be easy to just keep nominating and voting for what to read months/years in the future.

Keeping the nominations closed until nearer the time would keep the nomination/voting more current (after all, there will already be 13 nominations from the last vote carried over) and allow any new users that join in the next 6 months a chance to participate in nominations.

Still, worth a poll, I think!

Which would you prefer?
  • Accept nominations whenever there are slots available
  • Keep nominations closed until nearer the time to vote
0 voters
1 Like

I like your reasoning. Didn’t even think about new people wanting to participate. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Minor update: disqualified titles will be on hold for one voting cycle.

poll results

download (1)
download (2)
download (3)

4 Likes

Just noticed that audible jp has a BL section! :heart_eyes:
Not a huge selection, and I’m not familiar with any of the titles, but better than nothing. :blush:

This poll is currently tied, so please vote if you haven’t already! This won’t affect our current book choices (reading one after another led the poll when voting on nominations closed, so we will still be reading the three books that tied for first place), but it will be applied to future polls.

download

3 Likes

Oh noes
Even though I made sure to get all 3 :rofl:

1 Like

Minor update: the lowest-voted 3 titles and any ties will be disqualified from the next voting cycle. :slightly_smiling_face:

poll results

download (1)

download (2)

3 Likes

Another update: if there is a tie for first place, there will be a runoff vote to decide the winner. This won’t affect our current plans, but will apply to future polls. :slightly_smiling_face:

download

6 Likes

Minor update: nominations will be closed until nearer the time to vote.

This is the last of the polls about general book club stuff, the only other poll currently running is to decide what we’ll be reading after KKM. :slightly_smiling_face:

download

2 Likes

this poll was stable for too long, let the drama begin

1 Like

I don’t mind reading either first, but my phone would not let me select FLESH AND BLOOD :rofl:
I managed to somehow trigger the dot of 女装 to get in the selected state but somehow that didn’t update the poll as voted… but then clicking on “show results” triggered the update.

Edit: just undid my vote because that’s silly.

3 Likes

I discovered in another thread that 電子コミック大賞 - Wikipedia has BL manga award winners. Do with this knowledge what you will. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh ho, have I found my people?? I recently joined Natively and laughed out loud when I saw which book club had such a high number of comments in it. 腐女子/腐男子 are undefeated when it comes to the love for this genre! I’m glad I’ve made it in time for the 1st book club! よろしく everyone!

9 Likes

Hello! :wave:

And we haven’t even started our first book yet (although it’s coming soon) :joy:

4 Likes

Hi there! Glad to have you with us!

3 Likes

6 Likes