Bug: Adding to custom list prompts new (but wrong) event in feed

I recently requested a lot of books, defaulting them to my wish list (thanks Brandon!) and all were 江戸川乱歩賞 winners. They were added on Feb 1. Just now (Feb 2) I went through my wish list and added then to my custom list so they’re easy for me to find later.

When I returned to the home page, I saw I had flooded the feed with ‘new’ events of adding things to my wish list (despite them already being wish listed):

Trello:

4 Likes

I’ve noticed this as well; it’s pretty annoying.

3 Likes

Yeah - it never annoyed me enough to say anything, but it sure is weird.

At least I’m making clear that I really want to read 棺担ぎのクロ。~懐中旅話~ 1 | L24 :

6 Likes

When creating a bug report, do so in the #natively:product-requests category.

The 4 likes you had in the opening topic, didn’t translate into votes because it was not in the subcategory.

In any case!, I went ahead and moved it and raised it for review.

Also going back to topic, I think this also happens if you update something else, like adding a custom note, it makes it resurface.

2 Likes

Apologies on the delay! Approved, I should look at this.

3 Likes

@brandon Wanted to bump this since I was going to make a product request if one didn’t exist. Every time I think of a helpful custom list, I’m put off making one due to the thought of spamming everyone’s update feed with me adding/removing/wait-it-actually-should-be-here book rearranging. Setting my profile to private doesn’t permanently hide updates; as soon as I go public again those status updates appear in the feed.

Also wanted to clarify that

doesn’t happen (or no longer happens, not sure if that had had to be fixed) thankfully.

3 Likes

Still happens:

1 Like

Ah, really? For the record, that doesn’t happen to me; I checked one book I have a ton of notes for (FLESH & BLOOD 11 | L33), but I don’t see any duplicated Owned or Finished statuses, and I know I haven’t hidden them.

1 Like

Have you updated the notes at the same time you marked it as owned, or was a separated update to add the note?

The problem is I mark them as Owned, then I put a note inside them after for my reference.

1 Like

Separate updates for all of them! I finished the book, then added each note separately after the fact.

1 Like

Maybe it doesn’t happen when it’s Finished then…
Only when in Reading/Owned status.

1 Like

Same :sob: I want to redo my custom lists but I don’t want to clutter the feed.

I’ve noticed it doesn’t happen when the book is Finished or Reading. It’s just with Wishlist, Owned, and Stopped.

3 Likes