Bug: Setting book to "stopped" removes start date

You can save/set a start date by setting a book to “Reading”.

Yeah, I did that before. The whole point of this thread was that it gets deleted if you set the book as stopped.

Gotcha, makes sense.

Maybe this is a different issue for another thread, but this reminds me of another case for stopped books and starting date. When I started on the site, I added a bunch of “stopped” books. Even though I set the start date for a year before, I still had a big bump of “pages read” on the day I set the book as stopped. So it assumed I read like 800 pages in a day, I think?

Not sure how that should be handled; would it be difficult to spread out the pages read?

@brandon Any idea when you’ll work on this one? I just stopped another show, so it’s fresh in my mind. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

it’s in the ‘Doing’ column :slight_smile:

Should be out tomorrow

6 Likes

Awesome, great to hear!

2 Likes

Ok, so this should be fixed! We no longer wipe the started_at date, so I believe we can close this.

I am also recording a ‘stopped_at’ date, however I am not really surfacing it yet. If we’d like, let’s add a followup ticket for that one @Megumin, as it seems you were the champion for it :slight_smile:. I wasn’t quite sure all the places I had to surface it ane if it needed to be editable… so quite a bit more work potentially, or at least thought.

One caveat - for all currently stopped shows / books, the started_at date is already wiped unfortunately. If we think it’d be very beneficial, I can try to look through the status logs and repopulate it… but what can I say, lots to do :laughing:

2 Likes

I think maybe the same Reading/Finished window might be able to do the job.

For the editable place, if there’s no good place for now, can it be just be thrown into the data manager until a better place is found?

I’ll leave this open for 24h in case someone wants to give their input on this.
For me it’s not that big if of a deal as I don’t have that many stopped books to begin with (yet).

2 Likes