Different favicon for Natively forums

Description of your request or bug report:

This may sound like a silly suggestion, but using the same favicon on both Natively and the forums makes me gets browser tabs mixed up when I have both open. Additionally, I haven’t added the forums to my bookmark bar because I wouldn’t be able to tell it apart from the main Natively bookmark. For that reason, having a different favicon for the forums would be nice.

Trello link:

I actually played around with the moon favicon (main site footer image) like you suggested, but it didn’t work perfectly on a white background (also didn’t work on a white browser). Tried to make a silhouette, but wasn’t 100% straightforward so dropped it.

I agree it’d be nice.

That’s a shame. It’s such a cool picture.

By “silhouette”, do you mean you trying taking the transparent portion from the original and coloring it in blue? I just tried it in Paint (that’s about the extent of my abilities in this area), and yeah, it looks pretty terrible…

Original:

Colored:

Anyway, this certainly isn’t that important. Just figured I’d get the request officially in for tracking purposes. Maybe whoever made the footer can make you a colored version eventually. :laughing:

You know, I think when I played around with this I didn’t do the blue background because I thought it wasn’t different enough. I was trying to make a dark moon and a light person in front.

I could potentially just do what you did here, hmm. Can simply use a screenshot of the footer image and scale down to favicon size :joy:

1 Like

Why didn’t I think of that? :joy: (I literally just did it to show the comparison, and even then it didn’t occur to me.)

1 Like

What do you think..?

1 Like

Yeah I think that looks good! I think it’d look even better on dark browsers too.

I know we talked about a few other changes too (changing ‘Natively’ header in forums to something more fun), but will probably just do the favicon for this ticket.

2 Likes

As this was so easy, I went ahead and did it :slight_smile:

I will say that i’m not entirely satisfied with the ‘light theme’ large logo for the forum. Also, there’s too much white for the light theme… maybe needs a dark blue header and my tan background like the main site. We’ll see.

Dark theme for forums is looking pretty good now though!

2 Likes

@here This is now finished. (see previous message)

1 Like