Display cover for first volume in list, not first volume in series

Description of your request or bug report:

On the library page, when you have more than one book in a series, it shows the cover of the first volume in the series. It would be better if it showed the first volume in that list. For example, in my Owned section I have volumes 5 and 6 of 魔法少女育成計画, so the series cover should be for volume 5, not volume 1.

Trello link:

I agree with this. Approved.

2 Likes

Just as an additional thought here, would it make sense to change how that series picture is decided based on what list the series is in?

For example, for a series in the Owned category, instead of making it the first book in the series list, the series picture instead represent the lowest number book instead, since the user is more likely to be reading the series in order. If I’ve read volume 1 of a series, have volumes 2-5 added as Owned or whatever, then add number 13, #2 should be shown as the series rep, since I’m likely to read that one next. (Maybe this could be done for the Wish List category as well?)

If a series is in the Finished category, though, it would make more sense to me to make the series rep cover be the latest book in the series instead. So if I’ve finished volumes 1, 2, and 9, #9 should be the one shown. If I jump back and finish volume #3, the series cover would still be #9.

If a user is reading multiple books in the same series at the same time…idk about that one.

Most of these comments come from someone who sorts by Recent by default, which would impact the series cover rep much more.

1 Like

I’d be fine with it being first or last volume depending on the list instead of based on sort order selected.

1 Like