German Beta - Feedback & CEFR Update!

Hallo zusammen!

As you may have noticed, I have added German to the site!

German users, let me know what you think! And any feedback you have, let me know. If you encounter a bug, be sure to log a bug report in the Product Requests category . Below i’ve included some current requests which would really help German flourish on Natively… help us out!

Request[s]:

• See my Grading Update.
  • Do you know a large free graded readers series online? In both Japanese and Korean, we’ve found wonderful graded readers series which contain hundreds of free ebooks spanning from super beginner to A2/B1 level. Adding one of these to the site really helps!
6 Likes

Shouldn’t the German subforums hide if you haven’t enabled them like with Korean?

2 Likes

Oops! Should be good now :thinking: Good catch.

2 Likes

I was just confused of having a wrong link in the place where I usually memory-click :sweat_smile:

Also I’m guessing the Reading / Book Club - and Watching subforums for that language are pending engagement interest?

2 Likes

I’ll add them soon, just haven’t yet. It’s good to get the ‘What are you watching/reading today’ threads going.

3 Likes

Request/Reminder to make them consistent colour-coded with the other two languages:

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure that something went wrong with this series. Super funny though.

1 Like

I guess this is a difficult case. While the third one is technically not a sequel to the other two, it does feature the name giving animals of those movies. I never really saw the movies myself, but I think they are also shown as stuffed animals there. And they are also produced by the same guy (Til Schweiger).

The picture of the third one is actually the picture for the book. But there is still a 3D animated movie. And the movie poster is nearly the same.

I am not sure whether they should be put into the same series…but at least they are not completely unrelated :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Call for help from our German users: I can’t find the fourth volume of the D. Gray-man series on amazon.de. I’ve found the rest of the volumes in German, but just not that one. If you find it, let me know!

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Katsura-Hoshino/dp/3865808549 ?

1 Like

Thank you brandon! How did you find it? (Just trying to make sure I haven’t overlooked any good Amazon searching tips.)

1 Like

I have a lot of experience in this regard haha.

Amazon search is horrible, so I recommend google, with a site filter:
d.grayman 4 site:amazon.de

4 Likes

Oooh, that’s smart. Terrible that sometimes you have to use Google to search, but I’ll keep that in my pocket for the future.

3 Likes

Another request for help: I’m looking for the final Silver Diamond volume on amazon.de; it’s a volume of side stories. I’ve found all the rest of the volumes, but I don’t know for certain that this one was translated anyway. Here is the book’s amazon.co.jp page; it’s labeled as a 外伝 (Gaiden), if that helps with DE searches.

(Thank you once again for the google filter yesterday @brandon; that came in super handy looking for these volumes. :S)

Edit: Thank goodness Skip Beat is part of an actual series on amazon.de. I was debating if I cared enough to add it to the site if I had to hunt down 49 separate links. @.@ You’re going to have some good test data with all this manga once linking editions/languages comes down the pipeline, brandon.

Extra question for you @brandon: what happens if I add the amazon.de link for volume 12 of a series, mark it as a series, then hit submit? Does it process correctly?

3 Likes

It should. Initially, it didn’t which is why you might see some duplicates hanging around, but I fixed it and tested, so should be good now.

3 Likes

Last one released seems to have been 27. Though I don’t know if it’s the last one overall?

Edit: Nvm. As far as I can tell, the Gaiden volume was not released in German.

1 Like

It’s the final one in the series, but there’s an extra book of side stories that amazon.co.jp at least categorizes as “#28” in the series. Like I said though, I’m not entirely sure if the side stories were licensed for German release; it’s entirely possible they weren’t.

Yeah, as far as I can find, that volume didn’t get a release. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Ah, excellent; thank you!

1 Like

This might be a known bug already @brandon, but just in case not: it looks like the auto series -grabber has a limit of 40 books; Teil von: Manga Love Story (series) | L24??, Teil von: Skip Beat! (series) | L24??, Teil von: One Piece (series) | L24??, etc. should both have more entries than are currently on Natively, but their Natively series both stop at book #40.

3 Likes