🏰 今日からマ王! 👑 Home Thread 👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Knowing the story, I am not sure what part frustrated you… but we should probably wait until the last week’s thread is up… :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Finished the “second” volume (i.e. the first ebook volume). The combined ebook volume has an SS that is not in the original release. JFYI. It’s just a small SOL piece.

If anyone ever comes across a guide to which novel corresponds to which season/OVA, please let me know… I would really like to know if 今日からマ王! R (OVA) was based on one of the novels or just an anime-only story. :eyes:

3 Likes

What did you think of the two books? Think you’ll continue with the series?

1 Like

Seeing as the LN was never finished, I put it on my DNF pile. I don’t want to put my time into a series I know I will never be able to finish. :sob: I did enjoy the 2 volumes, though… a blast from the past. :face_holding_back_tears: I had completely forgotten about all the banter and jealousy and… ah… just general weirdness that was 2000s soft BL.

3 Likes

Maybe we should’ve voted on the manga instead; easier to read and finished. :thinking:

1 Like

Anyone know why? I couldn’t find info on the wiki page, but I did come across this intreguing snippet:

2021年1月21日に、コミックグロウルにて、再漫画化「今日からマ王! S (スーパー)」の夏頃開始が告知された[5]。告知後はイラストやSSといった関連作が掲載されていたが、本格的な連載は2022年7月29日に更新された第0話から開始された。

Can’t find more info on that either… I wonder what happened? :thinking:

3 Likes

I remember reading somewhere that the author had some writer’s block about the series? I don’t know if it’s true or not.

Anyway, there’s a new chapter of the manga that came out 2 months ago, so it’s not completely dead.

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

I fell off a while ago because life got in the way… which was bound to happen, as I’m not particularly into LNs so it was kind of a struggle. It was a fun try though, I would definitely join in for the manga.

5 Likes
1 Like

We’re nearing the end of the LN, so let’s see if there’s interest in reading/watching the other available media. :slightly_smiling_face:

Manga: 今日から マ のつく自由業! (series) | L24??
Anime: 今日からマ王! | L30??

There could also be an offshoot book club for the light novel.

Would you be interested in joining an informal club for any of the following?
  • Manga
  • Anime
  • Light novel
0 voters
2 Likes

Normally I’d be interested in trying out the anime, but it’s not immediately available on any of my preferred streaming services. If an offshoot club for it does get set up, I might look into things more to see if I can join then.

In other news, I finished the book yesterday~ :tada: Which has now left me with the uncomfortable realization that I’ve been logging all my progress with the omnibus edition and can’t “finish” it because I haven’t technically finished the book. :thinking: I do intend to read book #2, but just wasn’t originally planning on following up so quickly; what to do, what to do…

3 Likes
2 Likes

This week completes the scheduled reading of the first volume!

If you’d like to continue the series or try out the manga or anime, vote here. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Apologies it’s taken a while for me to put this up, but for those who are continuing the series I’ve (finally) made the offshoot book club thread. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I would not mind neither rereading the manga or rewatching the anime
tbh doing a watch party is also a fun possibility

1 Like

just today (in a massive delay tbh lol) I saw this poll and just today I notice a sale on the manga :rofl:

2 Likes

What a great coincidence! :laughing:

I’ll have to make the manga thread at some point… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes