Home thread for 7️⃣ 七回死んだ男 💀

I also broke the cycle and finished early. Maybe I’ll write more in the Week 8 thread, but to distill my thoughts down as succinctly as I can, I think the biggest weakness is the fact that the main problem/mystery is already resolved by the denouement and the denouement doesn’t actually resolve/change anything. Also so many of the characters are awful and the way their relationships are treated is so weird.

1 Like

I won’t read your spoiler til after I finish (I feel obligated to keep the schedule but I think I’m the last one standing on that :joy: ) but it does appear you pulled the difficulty down to 36. I suspect mine might further pull it down. Curious to see where it settles.

1 Like

I did. It’s definitely ‘real’ Japanese but I didn’t find it overly complex and it didn’t seem to use a bunch of specialized terminology. In fact, I found it a bit verbose/redundant–you don’t need to spend pages upon pages upon pages explaining how you’re the only one who experiences time loops, and then every single time something you learned in a previous loop comes up explain how you remember it but the other person doesn’t because only you can remember prior loops, and how if there’s a question you want to ask about something in a prior loop you can’t ask because the other person doesn’t have any memories of that loop because you’re the only person who remembers that prior loop, etc etc etc. I GET IT.

3 Likes

:rofl:
I basically said this about this week’s reading over on the WK forums. It’s painfully repetitive. I’m dragging myself through it. And yeah, it doesn’t really have much for fancy terminology. Aside from a few random words (like ちゃんちゃんこ) I really didn’t look up much and the grammar didn’t have anything unusual…except for the dialogue which was painful. Not so much in a ‘difficult’ way as it was ‘very very ineloquent’ way :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m with you! Kind of; I’m about a week behind.

2 Likes

Final week is here. If you’ve been dying withholding spoiler-y thoughts, here is your thread.

1 Like