Home Thread for 🕵 コップクラフト 🏇

So basically, the book will be split into chunks, as shown in the Club Schedule in the home post. I’ll be posting a thread per week for everyone to post their thoughts/questions on each book chunk; the first week’s thread doesn’t exist yet, but I’ll likely be posting it in a day or two.

1 Like

Just read the prologue in my lunch break and making the bad guys Filipinos is a choice. :no_mouth: but we are off to an interesting start. :eyes:

3 Likes

Finished Ch. 1. Interesting to see I still remember stuff from the Anime. I remember really liking the direction of it, even though the production quality was kind of low.

Do we have weekly threads or do we just us this thread for discussion? I don’t see any links yet.

3 Likes

eefara is probably in the US and I assume the weekly thread will be up later today US time. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Whoops, sorry guys, I’ll get that up asap. orz

Edit: here you go! Sorry for the delay!

7 Likes

Just read the prologue myself and was thinking the same thing. it gave me flashbacks to reading Axanael and it’s foreigner characters, though I don’t think anything can top Nitro+'s insane stereotyping of Indian people

1 Like

Week 2’s thread is up!

4 Likes

Week 3 is now open! Sorry for the delay!

4 Likes

Week 4 was opened yesterday; I updated all my usual places except for this one, haha.

4 Likes

Week 5’s thread is up! We’ll be halfway through after this week!

5 Likes

Week 6 is here!

5 Likes

We’re getting close to the end! Week 7!

5 Likes

Week 8 is up! Just one more week left after this!

4 Likes

Final week everyone!

5 Likes

Now that we’re in the home stretch, I wanted to get some feedback from our participants! (Read: setting these up before I completely forget.)

How did you feel about the reading pace set?
  • It was too slow
  • It was too fast
  • It was just right
0 voters
If you started with the book club but eventually dropped the book, why?
  • The pace was too fast for me
  • Real life got too busy
  • I lost interest in the book
  • The book ended up being too hard
  • Some other reason (please leave a comment why)
0 voters

This is more just for my own curiosity, but:

Do you intend to read more books in this series?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

I voted “It was just right” because it’s a pace where, even if you miss a week, you can still catch up and those who are faster readers can just supplement with other books. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

My partner wants to watch the anime with me which I understand covers multiple volumes, so I will likely do that, but I don’t see myself reading any more.

2 Likes

I found that the pace was solid considering the difficulty of the book and left room to continue reading other books at the same time, so I guess we kind of lucked out on each chapter length being well spaced out. Reading each week felt like sitting down to watch an episode of a TV series, which was a nice change of pace compared to how I normally read.

4 Likes

Like the other said. It was nice to have one “episode” per week I could just listen to in one sitting (well, it’s going to be two for the last week, but it’s twice the size too). Yet I never really felt the need to just move ahead of schedule (even when we got in a place where I typically would).

That was my plan all along (although I am getting back to reading; audiobooks aren’t great with made up languages)

5 Likes