🇰🇷 🇯🇵 Home Thread for 本好きの下剋上 / 책벌레의 하극상 📚 🪱

You need the second volume as well if going for the Junior version.

NVM. Maybe you are already aware, as I’ve seen you mention it in other post.

3 Likes

One more item to add to “things that annoy me about Ridibooks” :face_exhaling:

3 Likes

え?今日から始めよう予定だったんだっけ?

Oops, we are multilingual now! Sorry Korean learners!

… Were we starting today?

4 Likes

Not yet in my time zone, haha. Once I get back from lunch I can toss up a quick volume 1 thread. :+1:

4 Likes

Haha, no rush. :slight_smile: I’m just so excited!

5 Likes

The week 1 thread is up! It’s a bit barebones at the moment, but feel free to start commenting whenever convenient! I’ll be filling in information later today/tomorrow in both this thread and the week 1 one. We’ll be going with the speed-up schedule, so once I get all that formatted for KR/JP that’ll be posted officially.

7 Likes

Just wondering/for clarification, for the week one pacing the thread says the first week’s reading is ‘the first two chapters’. Does that mean the prologue and 新しい生活?or Prologue and 新しい生活 and the next chapter?

Sorry for the bother, super excited I’ve been looking forward to reading this for a while!

7 Likes

You should probably ask there, but 99% sure it’s prologue and 新しい生活

3 Likes

I’d say the same, as that fits the 20pg pace

3 Likes

@eefara Here are the Japanese chapter names. :smiling_face:

Contents

プロローグ
新しい生活
おうち探索
街中探索
本、入手不可能
生活改善中
近所の男の子
紙、入手不可能
エジプト文明、リスペクト中
冬支度
石板GET!
古代エジプト人に敗北
冬の甘味
オットーさんのお手伝い
トゥーリの髪飾り
わたしを森へ連れて行って
メソポタミア文明、万歳
粘土板はダメだ
トゥーリの洗礼式
黄河文明、愛してる
インクが欲しい
お料理奮闘中
木簡と不思議な熱
会合への道
商人との会合
エピローグ
マインのいない日常
変わらぬ日常
あとがき

3 Likes

Ack, thank you bibliothecary! And yes, @Florence14, first two chapters is prologue + chapter 1! Sorry for the confusion! I’m usually a bit better organized than this, but the holidays have thrown me off completely, haha.

Ah, and I will be adding the bonus short stories to the official schedule! They eeked by in the poll. I figure anyone who’s not interested in reading them can skip them pretty easily, since they’ll be set for the last week.

Apologies in advance to all those looking at my messy schedule; I need to re-format everything, but it’ll take a bit since all the formatting is manual. If anyone has a TOC for the second Junior version of the book, please let me know!

9 Likes

Some questions for those more familiar with the series:

• Are the LNs still publishing or is the series complete?
  • How many books are there?
  • How do the manga / anime adaptions compare to the LN?

I’m afraid to google anything for fear of spoilers! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The final volume should come out this coming winter. That’s volume 33, so it’s a fairly long series. The good news is that the series is broken into arcs (don’t look those up either to avoid spoilers), so there are several good break points.

4 Likes

Be very afraid. Both the arc titles and book covers are full of spoilers.
Skip ahead of the opening illustrations as well :melting_face:

2 Likes

So I ended up buying the physical Korean version (why not, the 알라딘 bookstore next to me) and I’m glad I did! There’s a nice little map in it :slight_smile:

Though, i’m not sure 우라노 would approve… it smells like a new book…

Picture of map

Also, good job on the Koran book pages… they are accurate!

7 Likes

Yeah I had to do some research to get a copy of the book here cause they aren’t numbered in an easy to understand way so I was spoiled a bit, but I’m just going to try to let that information fall out of my brain haha.

3 Likes

Any Korean Learners ( @bibliothecary ?) know if we are just reading 책벌레의 하극상 1부 1권 (or are we doing 2권 as well)? 감사합니다

4 Likes

just reading 1권 for now! 책벌레의 하극상 제1부 - 병사의 딸 1 | L28

But perhaps we’ll be inspired to continue if it’s really good… join us! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sick! Thanks Brandon :))

3 Likes

I’m holding on continuing the series to see if the book club goes further.
Not sure if I’ll be able to hold it for that long though :rofl:

3 Likes