🇰🇷 🇯🇵 Home Thread for 本好きの下剋上 / 책벌레의 하극상 📚 🪱

I haven’t really been doing it for this club, though I did with コップクラフト, so a poll:

Do you find it helpful when I post announcements of new weekly threads here?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

Depends on when I am reading. Usually I don’t need them since I just go straight to the weekly thread, but if I want to (re-)read the discussion at a later date it is nice to have all the links in one place.

1 Like

They’re a bit hidden atm because the tables are so long, but I do link each weekly thread in the schedule tables, on the dates when that week’s reading starts.

1 Like

I put this thread on “watched”, so I get a notification when someone posts. That way, I would see when the thread is up a bit more reliably than looking at the 3-ish latest threads.

4 Likes

I’ll start posting new threads here, then! Assuming I don’t forget. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

5 Likes

The week 6 thread has been posted!

2 Likes

So, I’ve had my holidays (plus a busy work week the week before and week of jet lag the week after) and now am back. But it does mean I’ve fallen 3 weeks behind (soon to be 4 when week 7 starts). So debating between just catching up behind all the way or declaring bankruptcy, catching up via the english copy, then rejoining on week 7.

7 Likes

Just gotta go fast

rsrs-papers

11 Likes

Just starting the book now (got very busy and forgot :grimacing:) and will post in the threads as I go along.

8 Likes

Week 7 has arrived, and we’re now halfway through the schedule!

4 Likes

It’s kinda nuts that we’re already entering week 7. Time flies when you’re getting mildly annoyed with a fictional child, I suppose.

14 Likes

Right? It’ll be December before we know it and Myne will be all grown up! (?)

2 Likes

Well, she’ll be (is it even a spoiler if you can deduce it from chapter titles?) six.
That’s, you know, something.

Edit: well, it does require week 6-ish knowledge to understand what you are looking at, so spoiler, I guess.

2 Likes

We just moved so I’m in a similar boat. I never even considered the English option… it’s genius :joy:
Now I’m wondering if I should keep plodding along with my half a chapter a day (which will catch me up at about the 3/4 mark) or just read ahead in English…

2 Likes

I’d say, if the (financial) stars align, go for it! Whatever helps you with your understanding, right? I’ve been doing that for Dracula, at least. It helps me keep pace with my own schedule without having to rush/feel like I have to sacrifice my entire life to keep up.

1 Like

Whoops; I’m late by about 10 hours, but the new thread has definitely been posted!

4 Likes

Week 9 has been posted! I’ve noted it there, but this is the last week I have page numbers for for the Junior version. If anyone’s reading along with the JP Junior/has access to it, I’d appreciate you tossing page numbers for part 2 my way!

5 Likes

Posting next week’s chapters a few days early since I’ll be traveling:

3 Likes

Week 11’s thread here!

1 Like

Week 12 has been posted!

1 Like