🇰🇷 🇯🇵 Home Thread for 後宮の烏 / 후궁의 까마귀 🪶 👩

Whoops, you are absolutely correct. Thanks!

I’ll update that as well to give a more accurate view.

Honestly the lower page counts for this book might work out, since it’s higher-leveled. That, and unless we go with different page breaks, the page count is going to jump dramatically and probably exclude quite a few people.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d prefer not to up the page counts per week. I’ve taken a peek at the first few pages, and it’s a lot of new vocab for me.

2 Likes

I also think having a somewhat low page count may be better. It can allow people to catch up, too, if they start late.
If anything, I’d make the first week even shorter (there’s another break earlier) but that would mess up with the second week…

3 Likes

I guess a lot of new words will repeat again and again so I hope the problem with vocabulary won’t go further than the earlier weeks, once we get used to the specialized vocab.
Anyway here is the jpdb link, I hope it helps!

3 Likes

I’ll be joining after all. I’m not confident that I’ll be able to keep up because of the higher level. However I’ve started reviewing the deck on jpdb so hopefully that helps :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve got week 1’s thread up:

Sorry for the utter lack of any useful information on my end; I’ll be filling that in tomorrow. We’ll be going with the 12-week schedule based off of @Biblio and @henhen’s numbers, and will change if needed.

4 Likes

So I was reading about different book awards in Japan when I realized this LN is the winner of the 22nd Sense of gender awards.
Nothing more to add, just a bit of information I thought I’d share in case anyone is interested in gender and/or awards. :smile:

6 Likes

The week 2 thread has been posted!

4 Likes

I’m probably not going to be able to keep up with the book club pace, but I’ve started a vocab sheet for the Korean version here:

5 Likes

Wow, thank you! I’ve added it to the home post!

2 Likes

Week 3 is up! A bit later than usual, sorry.

3 Likes

Week 4 is also a bit late :eyes:

2 Likes

I’m going to blame it on forum issues this time. :rofl: Will be up in a few minutes!

Edit: wait, am I off by a full week? D: Aaagh, I’m so sorry if so! I’ve been moving to a new team at work and must’ve just completely lost track of time…

2 Likes

Week 4!

Gah. Alrighty, I just realized I have no start dates in the schedule up above; I’m slacking…

2 Likes

My paper copy pagination is almost the same as this (writing it down for my future reference):

1: 28
2: 47
3: 65
4: 84
5: 113
6: 132
7: 160
8: 190
9: 219
10: 242
11: 280
12: 318

5 Likes

Week 5! And this time not posted 4 days into the week!

6 Likes

I went ahead and finished the first chapter.
However this is where I bail - I love the book but I need to take a break and read something simpler for a while. If I push myself too much I’ll get burnout.

My plan is to come back to this later in the year. I think the end of the first chapter is a good spot to take a break :grin:

7 Likes

You are 1.5 weeks ahead. I think you could just slow down :upside_down_face:

But yes, not burning out is important.

7 Likes

Thank you :grin:

I purposely pushed ahead to the end of chapter 1 because i wanted to reach a stopping point.

I’ll look forward to reading from chapter 2 onwards in a few months time.

7 Likes

Week 6 has been posted!

4 Likes