๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต Home Thread for ๅพŒๅฎฎใฎ็ƒ / ํ›„๊ถ์˜ ๊นŒ๋งˆ๊ท€ ๐Ÿชถ ๐Ÿ‘ฉ

Closing polls

:jp: ๅพŒๅฎฎใฎ็ƒ | L35
:kr: ํ›„๊ถ์˜ ๊นŒ๋งˆ๊ท€ 1 | L35??

Summary - English

Who is the Raven Consort?

Deep within the palaceโ€™s walls lives the secluded and mysterious Raven Consort. Some say she is an old woman, while others claim she is young and beautiful. What all stories agree upon is that she has the power to exorcise spirits, lay fatal curses, and find lost objectsโ€“for a price. When the young emperor arrives at the door of the Raven Consort seeking magical assistance, his request could shake up the palaceโ€ฆor perhaps even the entire kingdom.

Summary - Japanese

ๅพŒๅฎฎใฎๅฅฅๆทฑใใซใ€ๅฆƒใงใ‚ใ‚ŠใชใŒใ‚‰ๅคœไผฝใ‚’ใ™ใ‚‹ใ“ใจใฎใชใ„ใ€ใ€Œ็ƒๅฆƒใ€ใจๅ‘ผใฐใ‚Œใ‚‹็‰นๅˆฅใชๅฆƒใŒไฝใ‚“ใงใ„ใ‚‹ใ€‚
ใใฎๅงฟใ‚’่ฆ‹ใŸ่€…ใฏใ€่€ๅฉ†ใงใ‚ใ‚‹ใจ่จ€ใ†่€…ใ‚‚ใ„ใ‚Œใฐใ€ใ†ใ‚‰่‹ฅใ„ๅฐ‘ๅฅณใ ใฃใŸใจ่จ€ใ†่€…ใ‚‚ใ„ใŸใ€‚
ๅฝผๅฅณใฏไธๆ€่ญฐใช่ก“ใ‚’ไฝฟใ„ใ€ๅ‘ชๆฎบใ‹ใ‚‰ๅคฑใ›็‰ฉๆŽขใ—ใพใงใ€้ ผใ‚ใฐใชใ‚“ใงใ‚‚ๅผ•ใๅ—ใ‘ใฆใใ‚Œใ‚‹ใจใ„ใ†โ€•โ€•ใ€‚

ใ‚ใ‚‹ๅคœใ€ๆ™‚ใฎ็š‡ๅธใƒป้ซ˜ๅณปใŒใ€็ƒๅฆƒใฎใ‚‚ใจใซ่จชใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ€‚
ๆ‹พใฃใŸ็ฟก็ฟ ใฎ่€ณ้ฃพใ‚Šใซๅฅณใฎๅนฝ้œŠใŒๅ–ใ‚Šๆ†‘ใ„ใฆใŠใ‚Šใ€ใใฎๆญฃไฝ“ใ‚’็Ÿฅใ‚ŠใŸใ„ใจ่จ€ใ†ใฎใ ใŒโ€ฆโ€ฆใ€‚

ๅฐ‘ๅนดๆ™‚ไปฃใ€็”Ÿๆฏใ‚’็š‡ๅคชๅŽใซๆฎบใ•ใ‚Œใ€ๅปƒๅคชๅญใจใชใฃใฆ่พ›้…ธใ‚’่ˆใ‚ใŸ็š‡ๅธใ€้ซ˜ๅณปใ€‚
็ฅžใซ้ธใฐใ‚Œใ—่€…ใจ่จ€ใ‚ใ‚Œใ€็š‡ๅธใ‚’ใ—ใฆใ€Œ่ชฐใ‚‚็ƒๅฆƒใซใฏๅ‘ฝไปคใงใใชใ„ใ€ใจ่จ€ใ‚ใ—ใ‚ใ‚‹ๅญ˜ๅœจใจใ—ใฆ็”Ÿใใ‚‹ๅฏฟ้›ชใ€‚
ไบŒไบบใฎๅทกใ‚Šๅˆใ‚ใ›ใฏใ€ๆญดๅฒใ‚’ใ‚‚่ฆ†ใ™ใ€Œ็ง˜ๅฏ†ใ€ใ‚’ๆšดใใ“ใจใซใชใ‚‹โ€ฆโ€ฆ!

ๅคงใƒ’ใƒƒใƒˆใ€Žไธ‹้ดจใ‚ขใƒณใƒ†ใ‚ฃใƒผใ‚ฏใ€ใฎ่‘—่€…ใŒใŠใใ‚‹ใ€ๅœงๅ€’็š„ไธญ่ฏๅนปๆƒณ่ญšใ€้–‹ๅน•!

Summary - Korean

ํŠน๋ณ„ํ•œ ๋น„, โ€˜์˜ค๋น„โ€™๋ฅผ ๋‘˜๋Ÿฌ์‹ผ ์••๋„์  ์ค‘ํ™”ํ’ ํ™˜์ƒ๋‹ด ๊ฐœ๋ง‰โ”€โ”€.

ํ›„๊ถ ๊นŠ์€ ๊ณณ์—๋Š” ๋น„ ์‹ ๋ถ„์ด๋ฉด์„œ ์™•๊ณผ ๋™์นจํ•˜์ง€ ์•Š๋Š” โ€˜์˜ค๋น„(็ƒๅฆƒ)โ€™๋ผ ๋ถˆ๋ฆฌ๋Š” ํŠน๋ณ„ํ•œ ๋น„๊ฐ€ ์‚ด๊ณ  ์žˆ๋‹ค. ๊ทธ ๋ชจ์Šต์„ ๋ณธ ์ž๋“ค ์ค‘์—์„œ๋Š” ๋…ธํŒŒ๋ผ๊ณ  ํ•˜๋Š” ์ž๋„ ์žˆ์—ˆ๊ณ , ์†Œ๋…€์˜€๋‹ค๊ณ  ํ•˜๋Š” ์ž๋„ ์žˆ์—ˆ๋‹ค. ์˜ค๋น„๋Š” ์‹ ๊ธฐํ•œ ์ˆ ๋ฒ•์„ ์“ฐ๋ฉฐ ์ฃผ์‚ด(ๅ‘ชๆฎบ)๋ถ€ํ„ฐ ์‹œ์ž‘ํ•ด ์‚ฌ๋ผ์ง„ ๋ฌผ๊ฑด์„ ์ฐพ๋Š” ์ผ๊นŒ์ง€ ๋ฌด์Šจ ์ผ์ด๋“  ๋‹ค ๋ฐ›์•„๋“ค์ธ๋‹ค๊ณ  ํ•œ๋‹คโ”€โ”€. ๋‹น๋Œ€์˜ ํ™ฉ์ œ ๊ณ ์ค€(้ซ˜ๅณป)์€ ์–ด๋–ค ์˜๋ขฐ๋ฅผ ํ•˜๊ธฐ ์œ„ํ•ด ์˜ค๋น„๊ฐ€ ์žˆ๋Š” ๊ณณ์œผ๋กœ ์ฐพ์•„๊ฐ„๋‹ค. ๊ทธ ๋งŒ๋‚จ์ด ์—ญ์‚ฌ๋ฅผ ๋’คํ”๋“œ๋Š” ๊ธˆ๊ธฐ๊ฐ€ ๋  ์ค„์€ ์ƒ์ƒ๋„ ํ•˜์ง€ ๋ชปํ•œ ์ฑ„.

๋ˆ„๊ตฌ๋‚˜ ๋‹ค ์•„๋Š” โ€˜๊ทธ๋…€โ€™์˜, ์•„๋ฌด๋„ ๋ชจ๋ฅด๋Š” ์ •์ฒด.

5fa56bde-2ab1-4292-bdf6-0f20019630bd

Schedule (Note: all percentages/page numbers given are for the JP :jp: version; please contact me if you wish to provide information for the KR :kr: version)

Week Start Date Final line Percentage Characters Thread
1 Jan 1 ้ซ˜ๅณปใฏใ™ใ“ใ—ใฐใ‹ใ‚Š้ข้ฃŸใ‚‰ใฃใŸใ‚ˆใ†ใ ใฃใŸใ€‚ 7 8.833 thread
2 Jan 8 ไนไนใŒใฝใ‹ใ‚“ใจใ—ใฆใใ‚Œใ‚’็œบใ‚ใฆใ„ใŸใ€‚ 13 16.438 thread
3 Jan 15 ็œบใ‚ใฆใ„ใŸใ€‚ 19 23.957 thread
4 Jan 22 ็›ฎใฎๅ‰ใงๆบใ‚‰ใ—ใŸใ€‚ 25 31.731 thread
5 Jan 29 ใใฎๆ…Ÿๅ“ญใ ใ‘ใŒ้Ÿฟใ„ใฆใ„ใŸใ€‚ 34 42.816 thread
6 Feb 5 End of chapter 1 40 50591 thread
7 Feb 12 ๆฐ—ใฅใ‹ใชใ‹ใฃใŸใ€‚ 49 61.605 thread
8 Feb 19 End of chapter 2 58 72.994 thread
9 Feb 26 ใจ้’ใฎๅฃฐใŒใ—ใŸใ€‚ 67 83.897 thread
10 March 4 End of chapter 3 74 92.797 thread
11 March 11 ใใ‚ŒใŒๅ†ฌใฎ็Ž‹ใฎๆ„ๆ€ใ ใฃใŸใ‹ใ‚‰ใ ใ€‚ 87 107.920 thread
12 March 18 End of book 100 123.968 thread

Jpdb deck for the book:

Korean vocabulary sheet:

Will you be reading along when the club starts on January 1?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Iโ€™ll be reading, but at my own pace
0 voters
What language will you be reading in?
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Both (:eyes:)
0 voters
What type of media will you be consuming the book as?
  • Physical
  • eBook
0 voters
3 Likes

-Reserved for stuff-

1 Like

@Biblioโ€™s started looking at the JP copy of the book; if we have any KR joiners Iโ€™ll need to add in those page numbers at some point as well.

3 Likes

Last call for those with page numbers before I put up a pacing poll based on percentage only!

3 Likes

Iโ€™ve got it on bookwalker, here are the page numbers I have:

1: 28
2: 48
3: 66
4: 85
5: 113
6: 132
7: 161
8: 189
9: 217
10: 240
11: 278
12: 315

3 Likes

Do these match up with what page the weeks listed above would end on?

Yep! The pages with the last line or the end of the chapter.

1 Like

The book is supposed to have 320 pages, though? Also 28/320 (or 315) is approx 9% and 48 corresponds to 15%โ€ฆ so it doesnโ€™t line up at all :sweat_smile:

Edit: Ah, but my ebook agrees with those percentages (almost 9% and 15%), so the table might be wrong :thinking:
Edit2: The difference decreases over time (next two are 20 and 26 for me, so just +1) and eventually disappears, though.

2 Likes

Alrighty, so letโ€™s poll page; sorry for any weird formatting, Iโ€™m on mobile. So based on Biblio and henhenโ€™s numbers, we the current proposed option has us reading this many pages per week:

Week 1: ~23 pgs
Week 2: 20
Week 3: 18
Week 4: 19
Week 5: 28
Week 6: 19
Week 7: 29
Week 8: 28
Week 9: 28
Week 10: 23
Week 11: 38
Week 12: 37

This would have us end the week of March 18. If we want to increase the page count, unless someone can recommend different/better breakpoints (sorry, I donโ€™t own the book), the page count is going to increase to about 40/week, more or less consistently.

2 Likes

Pages 316-320 are the info about the publisher and the back cover and stuff like that, the text ends on 315.

2 Likes

The two numbers we have so far are page 22-24 (i.e. 7%) and page 28. I think 28 is correct based on the numbers I see, but since there are a bunch of pages without relevant text at the beginning (e.g., the ็›ฎๆฌก), itโ€™s probably something like 23 pages of text.

I canโ€™t really tell for the other breaks at this point. That being said, @henhen numbers would mean 18 pages for week 3, not 26

2 Likes

Whoops, you are absolutely correct. Thanks!

Iโ€™ll update that as well to give a more accurate view.

Honestly the lower page counts for this book might work out, since itโ€™s higher-leveled. That, and unless we go with different page breaks, the page count is going to jump dramatically and probably exclude quite a few people.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iโ€™d prefer not to up the page counts per week. Iโ€™ve taken a peek at the first few pages, and itโ€™s a lot of new vocab for me.

2 Likes

I also think having a somewhat low page count may be better. It can allow people to catch up, too, if they start late.
If anything, Iโ€™d make the first week even shorter (thereโ€™s another break earlier) but that would mess up with the second weekโ€ฆ

3 Likes

I guess a lot of new words will repeat again and again so I hope the problem with vocabulary wonโ€™t go further than the earlier weeks, once we get used to the specialized vocab.
Anyway here is the jpdb link, I hope it helps!

3 Likes

Iโ€™ll be joining after all. Iโ€™m not confident that Iโ€™ll be able to keep up because of the higher level. However Iโ€™ve started reviewing the deck on jpdb so hopefully that helps :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Iโ€™ve got week 1โ€™s thread up:

Sorry for the utter lack of any useful information on my end; Iโ€™ll be filling that in tomorrow. Weโ€™ll be going with the 12-week schedule based off of @Biblio and @henhenโ€™s numbers, and will change if needed.

4 Likes

So I was reading about different book awards in Japan when I realized this LN is the winner of the 22nd Sense of gender awards.
Nothing more to add, just a bit of information I thought Iโ€™d share in case anyone is interested in gender and/or awards. :smile:

6 Likes

The week 2 thread has been posted!

4 Likes

Iโ€™m probably not going to be able to keep up with the book club pace, but Iโ€™ve started a vocab sheet for the Korean version here:

5 Likes